Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angron's Temple of Khorne (lair thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Don't really see why that'd be cool. Not saying it'd be a bad thing, but it's not the magical cure all some people on the legalise it side have made it out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Joya wrote: »
    i somehow do not see that happening any time soon but then again, you never know

Ah it'll happen eventually, next 5-10 years hopefully :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

yes even if so it does damage the brain while person is not a full grown up (re brain cells) so..
    but some occasional thing cannot be worst than anti depressants??

idk :d)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Not sure how I feel about that tbh, but I suppose worse things could be legalized. I've never tried it, I don't plan to either but each to their own. Within reason of course. :p

thing is that it is less dangerous than alcohol but the later is absolutely legal and encouraged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Never tried it.

No interest to either

i did some stuff in my teens and have it over with but generally speaking how many illnesses and accidents and even murders and suicides are alcohol related yet it is legal...
    isnt it strange?

I've tried marijuana, all it did was make me hungry, extremely hungry and sillier than usual.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I've tried marijuana, all it did was make me hungry, extremely hungry and sillier than usual.

Is that possible?

:p

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Is that possible?

:p

Oh ha ha :P

Well Played

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote:
    I've always wanted to know if that thing about getting the munchies was true.

I like the odd couple of Jamesons but that's about it for me tbh, never tried anything else, never tried smoking because I saw the jar of tar while I was in school and it terrified me.. :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

In a nation that cannot be trusted with alcohol, have you any idea what'd happen if we legalised weed? :eek:

This is why, despite all the best intentions behind the idea and all the positives coming out of places like Colorado (their crime is down and the boost to exchequer is paying for schools), those good things will fly right out the window because Irish people are into binging substances, not enjoying them.

True that Shim,

you partaking in a birthday beverage or two tonight, tell 'em the Lair is paying :P.

Happy birthday,

Thanks Ted :) I'm taking it handy tonight, had a scatter of pints last night at the Jinx Lennon gig I was at, it was excellent.

Shiminay wrote: »
    In a nation that cannot be trusted with alcohol, have you any idea what'd happen if we legalised weed? :eek:
    yea what would happen?

letting it be legal for ie over 21

Oh yeah, happy birthday Shim and Seph! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭stereomatic

Happy B'day Shim and Seph

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWHcpv-PaOE6o8eo2WSr4T42EY0CNoWlM0G-RN1bjniDkwdnpj
    happy birthday birthday boiZ :)!
    :)

Thank you all :)

What do I think would happen?

Well, people coming into work like zombies and being let go because they're too lit. An unemployed and drug-addled section of society comes about - and yes, cannabis isn't physically addictive, but it can be habitual and over a long enough period of use, changes the consumer to feeling like without it, they're not themselves cause they get used to being in that altered state all the time to the point where they don't feel like they can manage without it.

Of course, a fair argument can be made that we already have that sort of problem - there will always be a number of people who want to live in a different reality that any drug provides.

In Uruguay for example, it's legal and government dispensed. If the government notices that you're smoking a lot, they ask you what's up and what can they do to help - they don't condemn and punish you for it - they see it as a mental health issue. Portugal too has a similar approach to drug use.

Well, people coming into work like zombies and being let go because they're too lit. An unemployed and drug-addled section of society comes about - and yes, cannabis isn't physically addictive, but it can be habitual and over a long enough period of use, changes the consumer to feeling like without it, they're not themselves cause they get used to being in that altered state all the time to the point where they don't feel like they can manage without it.
    while now they come hammered from alcohol while drinking an vomiting on streets all weekend...and calling it a GREAT weekend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

happy birthday shim:D

while now they come hammered from alcohol while drinking an vomiting on streets all weekend...and calling it a GREAT weekend

You're not wrong, I was a hotel worker during the celtic tiger, I've seen some things.... :p

But most of those folks aren't going to "switch" over to weed just because it's on offer and I so don't think that'll change any time soon either.

The core issue is a culture that thrives on binging when it celebrates. Solve that and we could legalise everything from weed to DMT to ayahuasca and we'd maybe become the most enlightened nation on earth :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Satori Rae

Of course, a fair argument can be made that we already have that sort of problem - there will always be a number of people who want to live in a different reality that any drug provides.

In Uruguay for example, it's legal and government dispensed. If the government notices that you're smoking a lot, they ask you what's up and what can they do to help - they don't condemn and punish you for it - they see it as a mental health issue. Portugal too has a similar approach to drug use.

I definitely agree with you I worked a year as a mental health nurse and the amount of teens from 16 to 19 that would come in for a psych assessment was saddening simply due to the fact they mostly smoked their brains out.

In nursing we we thought there was no known side effects at the time from smoking weed, but when you work with patients and know people who smoke a lot you would notice a big change in them.

Especially if they already have an addictive personality or have a history of mental health issues in their families such as Schizophrenia, smoking weed can help episodes of schizophrenia to be induced and can aggravate pre existing mental disorders. And can lead to very aggressive states when they don't have it.

I guess you could say the same about drink but there both one of the same nearly. Alcohol can cause the exact same symptoms.

I think it should be allowed for medical reasons for pain management but like drink it should not be abused. The trouble is if it was legal like booze people get carried away. Suppose I am a tad anti drug but only from seeing kids who only smoked weed destroy themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Happy B'day Shim and Seph

Indeed. Best wishes to you both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

It's Friday.

Happy Birthday Seph!

I didn't know it was your birthday too Shim. Happy Birthday friend! :)

Howdy H'mon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thanks for all the birthday wishes pals :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Satori Rae

Oh yesh happy birthdays to all and hidy hi to the rest of ye!!

Satori Rae wrote: »
    I think it should be allowed for medical reasons for pain management but like drink it should not be abused. The trouble is people get carried away.
    legal for people over 21 i see no probs with that tbh

• Advertisement

legal for people over 21 i see no probs with that tbh

Age limits do not work in this country.

& we are unable to enjoy anything in moderation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement