Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angron's Temple of Khorne (lair thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Satori Rae

Joya wrote: »
    legal for people over 21 i see no probs with that tbh

If it was legal there would have to be proper studies first and also psych tests involved to help determine a persons stability in handling it.

Over 21 only makes it less messy, but 21 and over can be a rough immature time when abuse can occur.

It is not a thing to be done lightly.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Age limits do not work in this country.

& we are unable to enjoy anything in moderation.

When you look at other countries like Holland it would make you feel red faced their attitudes are so much more mature, there still cases of abuse but after watching more progmames about how they raise their kids over there it is so refreshing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Howdy H'mon

Hi Ted. How are you? :)
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes pals :)

Anything for you Seph! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Hi Ted. How are you? :)

Anything for you Seph! :)

Chillin' with my web homies here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Satori Rae wrote: »
    If it was legal there would have to be proper studies first and also psych tests involved to help determine a persons stability in handling it.

Over 21 only makes it less messy, but 21 and over can be a rough immature time when abuse can occur.

It is not a thing to be done lightly.
    than lets forbid alcohol too
    cause it PROVENly does verrrrrrrry bad things.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hi guys

Alcohol generates too much money for the government & it would be a guaranteed way to not get re-elected if they brought in Prohibition in some form.

Alcohol generates too much money for the government & it would be a guaranteed way to not get re-elected if they brought in Prohibition in some form.
    yes ted, that is what it is all about, so that is why i think id vote yes for legalization of m... (for over 21)..

and anti-alcohol campaign

and more of the cultural and sports and quality entertainment offer to young instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Shim & Seph, happy birthday lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I'd like a smoke if it was legalised however I would not want to get fired from work because it would show up in a drug test. They'd have to ensure that companies drug policies were legally obliged to match up the legislature.

• Advertisement

than lets forbid alcohol too
    cause it PROVENly does verrrrrrrry bad things.....

They both do the same thing realistically, and even a 13 yr old can get cans these days (granted its a bit harder but still doable).

When the head shops where open a few of them where selling to 14/15 yr old's and less and getting away with it, so if weed was legalized it would be hard to make sure all regulations are being followed to the letter. For what one person considers they can handle not everyone can.

Hi guys

Hey missy paws hows you?

AArrghh fck.

Tea bag burst in my mug :mad:

Oh the excitement over in the Manchester United thread in the soccer forum :D

They both do the same thing realistically, .
    not true.

alcohol can and often does elevate rage and anger and aggression
    AArrghh fck.

Tea bag burst in my mug
    aw sorry ted i hate when that happens :d))

Satori Rae wrote:
    Hey missy paws hows you?
    I'm doing OK. How are you?

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Oh the excitement over in the Manchester United thread in the soccer forum
    Why, what's going on? :)

not true.

alcohol can and often does elevate rage and anger and aggression

As does weed in certain individuals unfortunately.

As does weed in certain individuals unfortunately.
    percentage-wise, uncomparable...

I'm doing OK. How are you?

No to bad actually deciding on what to watch and delaying on cleaning up my laptop (tis a bit slow) and my desktop is a mind field of files :P

Hows the sunburn?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Alcohol being legal isn't really an excuse to legalise something else... Besides, decriminalisation is a much more likely and achievable goal (at least in the near future).

Forgot to wish a happy birthday to Shim and Seph, so happy birthday lads!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Why, what's going on? :)
    Hazarding a guess, United possibly signing a very good Dutch player, Memphis Depay.

Angron wrote: »
    Alcohol being legal isn't really an excuse to legalise something else... Besides, decriminalisation is a much more likely and achievable goal (at least in the near future).

Forgot to wish a happy birthday to Shim and Seph, so happy birthday lads!
    i agree with that angron, but it is always a puzzle to me when people start putting up reasons for against legalisation to marihuana while are completely blind to the alcohol being legal is a much bigger problem (specially if they like to drink)

as of me, i think ireland specially needs a better life style all together..

Satori Rae wrote:
    No to bad actually deciding on what to watch and delaying on cleaning up my laptop (tis a bit slow) and my desktop is a mind field of files
    You wanna watch a film or a TV show? At the moment I'm reading but I bought Safe House in Tesco earlier for €3 so I'm planning on watching it later. :)

Need to do some sort of clean up on my own laptop as well, it's gone really slow lately. I was thinking I might buy a hard drive so I can free up some space.
    Satori Rae wrote:
    Hows the sunburn?
    It seems fine now, thanks! :)
    Angron wrote:
    Hazarding a guess, United possibly signing a very good Dutch player, Memphis Depay.
    *Googles*

Impressive.. Plus, niiiiice tattoos! :D

i agree with that angron, but it is always a puzzle to me when people start putting up reasons for against legalisation to marihuana while are completely blind to the alcohol being legal is a much bigger problem

as of me, i think ireland specially needs a better life style all together..

Fully agree Joya, there is an unhealthy obsession with alcohol here.

Win a match, go on the beer.
    Lose a match, go on the beer.
    Match gets postponed, go on the beer.

I get the third degree because I have given it up for a while.

No to bad actually deciding on what to watch and delaying on cleaning up my laptop (tis a bit slow) and my desktop is a mind field of files :P

Hows the sunburn?

My laptop needs a full MOT as well.

Have you ever watch American Horror Story?

Oh goodie, Longford Town are winning 3-0 :D

Not quiet Depay, Dortmund's Ilkay Gundogan, Sky Sports News reporting that it's a done deal.

Oh goodie, Longford Town are winning 3-0 :D

Dunnno why, but I read that in a sarcastic voice. :o

• Advertisement

percentage-wise, uncomparable...

Possibly due to it not being as legal as booze in all countries so statistic wise it may not all be accounted for.

However I have worked with people who have been hooked and volatile because of it, in nature (not saying everyone is the same but some people are prone to acting out) and I have lived in a situation with an abusive partner who had this addiction in which I tried to help him get off it and get help.

My only point in saying this is a lot of people do not see the harm they may not be aware of side effects and for some people they can't help but rely on things like this. It is not as harmless as what everyone thinks and of course neither is alcohol. And again this is when it is taken to a massive excess.

So far the CDC have done studies to show these effects from use of weed

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00001143.htm

Also from a more mental health point of view.

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/mentalhealthinformation/mentalhealthproblems/alcoholanddrugs/cannabisandmentalhealth.aspx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement