Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angron's Temple of Khorne (lair thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Now in all fairness Lars, he ain't that bad, he's good, but with practice he could be a whole lot better.

In the 80's he was one of the best thrash drummers around and then I guess he just stopped practicing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

The amount of abuse Lars gets over his drumming..

For a fella that had no real formal training as such at the beginning , he's doing well for himself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

In the 80's he was one of the best thrash drummers around and then I guess he just stopped practicing

True that, 1st 4 Metallica albums were thrash awesomeness, then Lars got rich & found cocaine, and stopped practicing.

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    The amount of abuse Lars gets over his drumming..

For a fella that had no real formal training as such at the beginning , he's doing well for himself :pac:

Well we gotta bitch about somebody in Metallica.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

True that, 1st 4 Metallica albums were thrash awesomeness, then Lars got rich & found cocaine, and stopped practicing.

Yup and he peaked for ajfa album imo , his drumming on thast album is just.....amazing

• Advertisement

Yup and he peaked for ajfa album imo , his drumming on thast album is just.....amazing

Honestly, his drumming from The Black Album through Load/Reload is more rock drumming, St. Anger - self explanatory but still good, Death Magnetic was a return to form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Well we gotta bitch about somebody in Metallica.

Hammett's wah pedal? :pac:

Good night pals o/

Links234 wrote: »
    Hammett's wah pedal? :pac:

well played

G'night Seph! ;)

Hmm, gotta decide what anime to watch next :o

• Advertisement

Well we can bitch about them until we're blue and the face and the cows make their long journey home but the simple fact is, they made some damn fine music in their day and they've inspired legions to pick up a guitar, bass or drum stick and give them something to aspire too. They've also helped open the world of metal to so many people.

Plus, look at where they are and where we're not. Bitching about any band seems a bit pointless in my humble opinion. Unless it's those manufactured, mass produced bands/singers that dominate the airwaves 24/7..

My problem with Metallica is more so that to some people, it seems like they're the only metal band, but that's more of an issue with the fans than the band.

My problem with Metallica is more so that to some people, it seems like they're the only metal band, but that's more of an issue with the fans than the band.

I know the kind of fans you're on about and yeah, they're up their own arses about them and it is highly annoying. "True fans!" :pac: True fans me hole!! :pac: Paying €63 for membership to a fan club and they think they're better than every other fan out there..pack of...ahem :pac:

But tbh Links, I have come across those kind of fans with other bands too. It just goes with the territory. It's their loss at the end of the day! If they want to be narrow minded and only listen to one band, well then they're shutting themselves out from such a diverse genre of music that one band only makes up minuscule proportion of it. More fools they are for it!

Tool fans are another bunch I can't stand, you know the ones ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

People super into prog are pretty bad. So many of them have a huge superiority complex, it's part of the reason I can't get into the genre. It's part of why I don't like Mastodon. I saw them live once, they were insanely boring to watch but their fans had sold them as the greatest thing to ever happen to anything ever.

I like a bit of prog myself, but I dunno, there's some fans that only seem to care about technical ability, how many complex timings and speeds they play at. The music has to have something more going for it, I need feeling and atmosphere in music.

That's why one of my favourite bands is Dir En Grey, I listen to them and it's like the music is steeped in darkness, there's such an atmosphere there! Dunno if I can even explain it properly, but give this a listen, freakin' amazing!

Tool fans are another bunch I can't stand, you know the ones ;)

Not sure that I do Links. As much as I do love their music, I never really got too big into them at the same time :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Morning guys :-)

Have a great day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

happy Monday peeps

• Moderators Posts: 51,812 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

boooooooooo!!! :P

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Morning guys

cgh wrote: »
    happy Monday peeps

Boooooooooooooo

SW wrote: »
    boooooooooo!!! :P

For once we agree on something anyway :-D :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Half 12 already, time flies...

When you're having fun, also Bank Holiday next Monday :D

Yes indeed, forgot about that.

You're so busy you forget to finish your sentences, that's how tough it is working in Boards HQ.

Pretty much! My "oppression" quota is down for the month, so I gotta go ruin some lives...

Ruling HQ with an Iron Fist.

Jaysus, I have never seen the place so quiet!!

• Advertisement

Everyone's got the Mondays...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement