Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angron's Temple of Khorne (lair thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Happy Friday & Long Weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Shiminay wrote: »
    I've seen them in action, have never been on the business end of one :)

I am only thankful that the one in the hotel I am working in has all the buttons and levers on it! In the restaurant I worked in they had one too but you had to set the timer with a screw driver and it was a basically a miracle if it actually worked!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Night pals o/

Night Seph!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Something like this one?

industrial_food_mixer.jpg

For a few seconds I thought I did break my nose :o Not something you're going to win a fight against! :o

Mine was a floor standing model. Had a power lift to raise the bowl.
    FP_product_mixer_legacyfloor.jpg

• Advertisement

The one in work is a mix of the too (no pun intended)

It looks more like the one in the pic you posted but has that massive piece of metal jutting out from it, like the one in the pic I posted..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Mine had this stupid knob sticking out the side that would about catch you everytime you were trying to take a bowl off. One of our bakers had a permanent black and blue mark on his shoulder from ramming into it every damn time.

Mine had this stupid knob sticking out the side that would about catch you everytime you were trying to take a bowl off. One of our bakers had a permanent black and blue mark on his shoulder from ramming into it every damn time.

Ahhh...I just felt a phantom shot of pain in my shoulder after reading that :o I can't understand why they make it so damn hard to fit the bowl into the machine. They say it's for "safety". Not so damn safe when you accidentally belt yourself off the machine trying fit the damn bowl!

real fun is when you realize the rolling cradle isn't positioned quite right and suddenly you have a hundred pound weight resting on your instep

real fun is when you realize the rolling cradle isn't positioned quite right and suddenly you have a hundred pound weight resting on your instep

Hasn't happened me....yet! Pretty sure it probably will in the future. The one thing about the catering industry is no matter where you work, what part of the world, pretty much the same things happen to everyone involved.

• Advertisement

Then people wonder why I wear safety toed shoes

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'd never be without safety shoes or boots if I went back into hospitality, they saved my toes on so many occasions!

Then people wonder why I wear safety toed shoes

Steel toe caps? Yeah I have to wear them too.

Again I saw a few chefs wearing these in a kitchen before:

crocs.jpg

A kitchen with greasy floors/wet floors, carrying heavy pots full of boiling soup/water/stew/whatever. I wear crocs at home after work but yeah, I wouldn't be running around a kitchen with them.

Well it's law in Ireland that chef's wear safety shoes as far as I know.

Well it's law in Ireland that chef's wear safety shoes as far as I know.

Is it? Didn't know that but I guess some people would rather loose a couple of toes over comfort.

I could be dead wrong, it's worth looking in to! And you can get very comfy safety boots, I couldn't have done 14 hour shifts in boots that weren't comfy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I had a carton of milk about to go out of date tomorrow... perfect excuse for a giant mug of hot chocolate! :D

I could be dead wrong, it's worth looking in to! And you can get very comfy safety boots, I couldn't have done 14 hour shifts in boots that weren't comfy :D

I must check it out! But tbh I wouldn't even dream of going near a kitchen without safety boots! I have heard one too many horror stories where! :eek:

The shoes I have aren't too bad now! When I get paid though I must get another pair and a few more chef jackets.

Aye, those first few months wages always go on gear and equipment, but if you spend well, you'll have good equipment at least for years.

Aye, those first few months wages always go on gear and equipment, but if you spend well, you'll have good equipment at least for years.

That's the thing. Fair enough some places are expensive as hell but it's worth paying out though because you'll have the equipment for years to come!!

Anyway I must be off. Feeling sleepy. Night everyone! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Happy Friday folks.

@Shim if you keep closing tabs by accident, press Ctrl Shift & T, reopens closed tabs in browser.

@Mozz sounds like a busy first day. Hope your eye/nose is not to sore. My nurses uniform is in the wash.

• Moderators Posts: 51,812 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

happy Friday, superTed:)

happy Friday, Nocts! :D

If you can read this, you're too close!

Welll.... spilled hot coffee on my toes :eek:

that's a wake-up call I didn't need

Links234 wrote: »
    Welll.... spilled hot coffee on my toes :eek:

that's a wake-up call I didn't need

well at least your feet will be awake! :P

Happy Friday, Links :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Happy Friday!!! :D

happy Friday, purple :D

Yup it really is amazing series and I have a crush on Akane Tsunemori :o

You know I wasn't too gone on her as a character at all, too much of a "rookie cop" trope, but then I watched the episode last night where she stands up for herself and completely chews Ginoza out of it for putting her down infront of the enforcers. I was like, wow she's a lot more interesting than I first thought!

Also, I'm getting through the show a lot faster than the last few things I watched. I really struggled with Code Geass. Seriously enjoying this though. :D

Never really had a crush on any anime characters. Hmm, except one maybe. You ever seen Steins;Gate? If so, then you know what I'm talking about ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Merry Friday pals \o/

Links234 wrote: »
    You know I wasn't too gone on her as a character at all, too much of a "rookie cop" trope, but then I watched the episode last night where she stands up for herself and completely chews Ginoza out of it for putting her down infront of the enforcers. I was like, wow she's a lot more interesting than I first thought!

Also, I'm getting through the show a lot faster than the last few things I watched. I really struggled with Code Geass. Seriously enjoying this though. :D

Never really had a crush on any anime characters. Hmm, except one maybe. You ever seen Steins;Gate? If so, then you know what I'm talking about ;)

Its on my too watch list ;)

Its on my too watch list ;)

Oooh, seriously incredible show! In the top 3 for me, definitely! Watch it subbed though, Mamoru Miyano's voice work is too good to miss!

• Advertisement

Happy friday to you all, I'm very glad to have made it this far in one piece! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement