Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deb Dresses

• 19-04-2015 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi :)
    I wanna know if its ok to wear short dresses to the debs? I went out looking for long dresses, but I'm a short girl so i couldn't find any dresses that fits me.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lana96

Angeloli wrote: »
    Hi :)
    I wanna know if its ok to wear short dresses to the debs? I went out looking for long dresses, but I'm a short girl so i couldn't find any dresses that fits me.

Thanks

Hey I think the traditional thing is if it's your own debs you wear the long dress and if you're being taken (ie to a boys debs) you should wear the short one. Idk I heard that off a friend so I say now you could decide if you wanted to do either....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Do whatever the hell you want, you're out to have a good night not to meet the queen. Wear what you want, there's no "rule book" for the debs :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Lana96 wrote: »
    Hey I think the traditional thing is if it's your own debs you wear the long dress and if you're being taken (ie to a boys debs) you should wear the short one. Idk I heard that off a friend so I say now you could decide if you wanted to do either....

Funnily enough I did that but it wasn't a deliberate choice. I've never heard of that rule. Most girls at that debs (which was for an all-boys school) were in long dresses. There's nothing wrong with wearing a short dress. I found them better tbh. More freedom!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Long dresses are common but short dresses are acceptable also :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Wear whatever you want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement