Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alterations carlow

Options
  • 19-04-2015 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I need a small job done (6 scout badges sown on to a uniform) and ZipYard are quoting €4 per badge, seems a bit on the expensive side, does anybody have a recommendation for somewhere else that might do it for me?
    Thanks
    Tessat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think there is a place at the bottom of the escalator in Hadden's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Ask in any of the clothes shops. They'll have a good few names.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭strawberrie

There's a sewing shop on Charlotte Street too. They are very good. That's off tullow street, it leads to the workmans club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Get the child to sew them on. Then they'll get their sewing badge.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Use wonder web, you'll get in the wool shop bottom of haddens. I used it for my kids badges & it worked fine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Alan Cashin. College St.

I use him for all my alterations; excellent value & I'd wager he'll do it a lot cheaper than €4 a badge too!

Plus he'll do it quicker; earlier you drop it into him; quicker it's done.

1st thing & you might have them done by close of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tessat

I'll check out those places when they open tomorrow. Not going to risk letting her do it herself, first off there is no "sewing badge" and they need to be perfect for inspection for a competition at th weekend, she's been in training all weekend and has school and exams to study for, much more beneficial to let her at that and get them sown on professionally.
    I used wonder web back in the day but it simply won't cut it for what she needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Aw, when did they do away with the sewing badge?. Mind you it has been 25 years since I was in the scouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Alan Cashin. College St.

I use him for all my alterations; excellent value & I'd wager he'll do it a lot cheaper than €4 a badge too!

Plus he'll do it quicker; earlier you drop it into him; quicker it's done.

1st thing & you might have them done by close of business.

+1for Alan, very good value & excellent work always. Extremely helpful too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

denis160 wrote: »
    +1for Alan, very good value & excellent work always. Extremely helpful too.

Same here. He gets my vote too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tessat

Thanks everyone, huge savings, found Alan and he is putting on all the badges for €8, I'll be back into him again that's for sure.
    Excellent service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

My family used Cashin as long as I have been around. I thought he had packed it in though! Since I moved back around here I have been using the xpress guys opposite Supermacs.

Advertisement