Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shingan, Enniscorthy

Options
  • 19-04-2015 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hi All

I'm just looking for info on Shingan in enniscorthy and what people think of the area. I have seen an apartment for sale and would love to get a general idea of the place and area.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭blindsider

Just had a look on Google Streetview.

I'm away from Enniscorthy a fair while now, but I know that area well (prior to the development.)

IMO it's a perfect example of Celtic Tiger 'jam in an extra few houses there, boss.'

On the plus side:

- it looks well-maintained
    - there's a nice bit of green area
    - it's ca. 20 mins from town on foot
    - right side of town for Aldi/Lidl and Pettitts
    - the apts are built long enough now to show up any defects - a decent survey will be essential.
    - good access to the bypass, when finished

Once the bypass is finished, will prices go up generally? Will Dublin be 'commutable'?

Daft shows a couple of apts in the area - not a bad price...

Was there something about flooding there a few yrs ago...? I may be completely and utterly wrong - but if I was thinking of buying there, I'd want to know....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It's a grand area,as Blindsider said,typical Celtic Tiger estate (where isn't these days)

Lidl and Aldi within easy walking distance,near enough to the town centre.There'll be a new roundabout down the road for the bypass so you'll hit Dublin in an hour when the road is finished.

You are actually in the parish of Marshalstown so sending kids to school there is an option if you want to avoid the gridlock of trying to get to St.Aidans in the morning.There's also a secondary school about 5 minutes walk away.

I didn't hear anything about flooding in the area although a small river runs beside one side of Bridgemeadow which has apartments for sale (maybe they are the ones you are looking at) but they are safe from any potential flooding issues if they arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

Thank you very much for the info. I'm going down on Monday to view 2 places so just wanted to get people's opinions. Cheers

Advertisement