Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The all new, revised and easier quiz! (mod note posts 1 and 2042)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭garancafan

The logo of what company consists of three tuning forks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

garancafan wrote: »
    The logo of what company consists of three tuning forks?

Yamahahahaha!

BrensBenz wrote: »
    Yamahahahaha!

Perfectly in tune.
    You're up.

Perfectly in tune.
    You're up.

OK. Which admirer of pigs said: "Dogs look up to man. Cats look down to man. Pigs look us straight in the eye and see an equal.”

Groucho Marx?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

looksee wrote: »
    Was it the farthing? I know it was a tiny coin

Yep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The fruit of which plant is called a haw?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭KayPea

Hawthorn?

KayPea wrote: »
    Hawthorn?

You got it, your turn!

Round up:

Questions to be answered: 'What was the Wellington Bridge in Dublin renamed as?' (easy one very well known bridge)

Brens's 'Which admirer of pigs said: "Dogs look up to man. Cats look down to man. Pigs look us straight in the eye and see an equal.”'

and waiting for one from KayPea

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Round up:

Questions to be answered: 'What was the Wellington Bridge in Dublin renamed as?' (easy one very well known bridge

O Connell bridge? Just a guess...they musta had great craic renaming all the stuff in Ireland. You could have a pub quiz based on it alone, maybe a whole quiz is pushing it, a round may suffice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Halpenny / Halfpenny / Ha'penny Bridge.

Right on JB! Go for it!

O Connell bridge? Just a guess...they musta had great craic renaming all the stuff in Ireland. You could have a pub quiz based on it alone, maybe a whole quiz is pushing it, a round may suffice :)

That's a great notion Muff, it doesn't even have to be a quiz, just start a thread and let people throw in the ones they know about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

'Which admirer of pigs said: "Dogs look up to man. Cats look down to man. Pigs look us straight in the eye and see an equal.”'

Would that be Churchill? Sounds like him. I imagine in his efforts to get the nation producing their own food he could have 'upped' the pigs image to make it more acceptable having one or two in your wartime garden.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

BrensBenz wrote: »
    Which admirer of pigs said: "Dogs look up to man. Cats look down to man. Pigs look us straight in the eye and see an equal.”
    OldGoat wrote: »
    Would that be Churchill?

Yes, it would! You're next.

Wow, a total shot in the dark there. :)

Did you ever hear of the late great George Mellys impression of Churchill? He's undress, tuck his private bits between his legs and then bend over and present himself to guests. Bwahahahahahahhaha. I would love to have been to see that. :)

OK, new question.
    What is a 'bain-marie'?

What is a 'bain-marie'?
    A cooking or warming device consisting of a sieve sitting over boiling water.

'tis indeed a hot water bath for food. :) Your turn.

What would an Australian expect upon requesting "a dog's eye and dead horse"?

• Advertisement

Did you ever hear of the late great George Mellys impression of Churchill? He's undress, tuck his private bits between his legs and then bend over and present himself to guests. Bwahahahahahahhaha. I would love to have been to see that. :)

George Melly cut quite a sartorial dash. Typically he would wear a pin-stripe suit over black shirt and white tie. He would also sport a large brown sombrero and lime-green socks!

Update: waiting for questions from Jellybaby and Kaypea,

Sorry about the delay lads and lassies. Life is keeping me busy and away from important beetling about the Internet.
    Who was the eighth doctor?

I really don't know but taking a guess by way of terrible stereotyping, it might have something to do with cold beer and charcoalized meat ???

Sorry I'm so late coming in. As Kaypea said.....Life! in all its glory has kept me away. I only ask easy questions.

I just love to sing, as you all know, but if I started to sing about ilex and hedera, what would I be singing?

I really don't know but taking a guess by way of terrible stereotyping, it might have something to do with cold beer and charcoalized meat ???
    While the subject is alimentary it is not to do with either beer or barbecues.

Who was the eighth doctor?
    Including or excluding Peter Cushing? :)
    The eighth was Paul McGann.

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Sorry I'm so late coming in. As Kaypea said.....Life! in all its glory has kept me away. I only ask easy questions.

I just love to sing, as you all know, but if I started to sing about ilex and hedera, what would I be singing?

Holly and ivy (I can do plant ones :D)

Holly and ivy (I can do plant ones :D)

I expected you would get that one Looksee! Your go!

• Advertisement

In the south east of Ireland which three rivers are known as 'the Three Sisters'?

In the south east of Ireland which three rivers are known as 'the Three Sisters'?

The Suir, the Nore and the Barrow.

There ye go! That was quick!

That was one of those answers chanted in school to the point where I still use the same order and intonation in thinking of them. :D

What is the modern name of Rhodesia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Zimbabwe?

Zimbabwe?

Yep! Your turn :D

• Advertisement

Samaris wrote: »
    Yep! Your turn :D

What word is the subject of songs by Pink Floyd, ABBA, the Rolling Stones and Monty Python?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

What word is the subject of songs by Pink Floyd, ABBA, the Rolling Stones and Monty Python?

Not a clue but that is a great question.

It is food related and it's rhyming slang.

It is food related and it's rhyming slang.

first one is
    pie
    , never heard the rhyming slang for Dead Horse....

The word that springs to mind is Money, Money, Money, by Abba. Did the others use it?

• Advertisement

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    The word that springs to mind is Money, Money, Money, by Abba. Did the others use it?

Correct.

Really? Didn't see that coming. Plucked from the air. :D What are the other songs? I'll be back with a question in a minute.

Edit: Yes, I know, stupid question, but I meant are the titles just 'Money' or is there more to it than that? :o

Thanks for that. I love the Python song, and I'm sure I've heard it, but the Stones one I always thought was a Beatles one!

This is a wild one but let's see just how old yiz really are? :D One of the world's oldest actresses, born in Hungary, is still alive (but not doing much kicking) at the age of 98 years. Who is she? I already know who will get it!

Zsazsa Gabor?

Zsazsa Gabor?

Correct, Dahlink! :D Your turn.

Though I honestly expected OG to have been in there like a shot! Feather boas an' all that sort of thing, doncha know! :D

I knew it was one of the Gabor sisters and I was trying to figure out which of them was still kicking. :)

Meat pie and tomato sauce.

Handing the baton to Into the Blue as he had the word "pie" even though it seems to have become designated a spoiler.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement