Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Twilight Sad Whelans May 2nd

Options
  • 19-04-2015 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Can't wait for this! Who's going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Got my ticket, was hoping to see them play a festival here last year but this is even better! Latest album is killer

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Got my ticket, was hoping to see them play a festival here last year but this is even better! Latest album is killer

It really is.

Surprised more people haven't heard of them over here. By rights the gig should have sold out by now!

It really is.

Surprised more people haven't heard of them over here. By rights the gig should have sold out by now!

Yeah especially considering all the big festivals they seem to be hitting at the moment. Be a shame if this goes the way of their labelmates We Were Promised Jetpacks' recent Whelans gig

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Shotgun Sister

I'm heading along too. Haven't heard much buzz about it at all. Nearly forgot it was on.

Really looking forward to it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

One of my favourite bands, and one of the most underrated bands out there IMO.
    Shame I can't make this.

• Advertisement

Just a reminder that there won't be any Dublin Bus/Nitelinks going day of the gig. Gonna be an expensive bloody night...

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Cant make Galway tonight but will be in Limerick tomorrow night !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭IamNotNumber

Just having a listen now .I like what I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Just having a listen now .I like what I hear.

Very special band! nothing more fun than singing the songs out loud in a p1ss poor attempt of a Scottish accent. The acoustic versions of their songs add another element to an already great band.

http://youtu.be/enl6TJiTeLY

Saw them last night in Galway and they were absolutely brilliant, one of the most intense and spine tingling shows that I have ever seen. James Graham gave it his all and you could see him putting everything he had into the songs, he looked psychically and mentally wrecked at the end which is not surprising when you consider that it was their 54th gig in ten weeks. I've never been to a gig before where afterward I needed a few minutes to just relax given just how powerful the preceding hour was. I've never been at a gig before where all I wanted to do was to see the same band play the next night, I could happily sit through the same playlist a dozen times and each time come away feeling both amazed and genuinely moved. In a just world last nights gig would have sold out in seconds and it's a shame that a band as powerful as The Twilight Sad aren't packing out major arenas, but I think that it's only a matter of time till they are. Call it hyperbole if you want but The Twilight Sad last night were easily the best gig that I have ever seen.

• Advertisement

Thanks so much for the in depth review! Really can't wait to see them now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

it's a shame that a band as powerful as The Twilight Sad aren't packing out major arenas, but I think that it's only a matter of time till they are. Call it hyperbole if you want but The Twilight Sad last night were easily the best gig that I have ever seen.

I've been saying it for years! They've been at it a long time now though.

Good turn out?

symbolic wrote: »
    I've been saying it for years! They've been at it a long time now though.

Good turn out?

It wasn't bad and compared to some gigs in the Roisin it was packed but there was plenty of room around which is a shame as I was genuinely expecting the place to be wedged. It's also a shame that they only got to play for an hour and had to get off stage so that the Roisin could have someone get up and play songs from his computer for a few hours, I'd have much preferred to see The Twilight Sad play and additional 30 minutes and it further added to my belief that Galway needs a decent live venue that can handle bands like this. The Roisin is fine but it's more suited to comedy and some DJ than it is a live act as intense as TTS.

Class review, well hyped for it now! I'm still surprised they're not in a bigger venue like Button Factory though.

Any word of support?

So! What did people think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

So! What did people think?

They were fantastic, as always.

Great that the crowd were so into it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Shotgun Sister

Yep, it was brilliant! First time seeing them live and it won't be the last.

Advertisement