Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 16 Thread - News, Rumours, Discussion Etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Knex. wrote: »
    I'm downloading the free trial as well. Started earlier, was 25% the last time I checked.

Downloaded Madden 15 from Access a few months back, and it took ages too. Just gonna leave it on over night. Have it set up to shut down after 6 hours of no use.

Upto 8% in near 1hr 50mins, i turned it off, cant be A*sed anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I just bought it from the US store. $59.99 so works out to about €53ish plus I had $10 on my US account so it makes sense. Going to download overnight and install tomorrow when I'm at work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I just bought it from the US store. $59.99 so works out to about €533ish plus I had $10 on my US account so it makes sense. Going to download overnight and install tomorrow when I'm at work.

€533 is a bit pricey! ;)

What size is the download mate?

Yeah the Euro has gone to **** ;)

20.7GB. It is downloading quicker than I have ever downloaded anything from the store before. Started when I made that last post and it is over 50% downloaded already. Do the US get a quicker server than we do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Upto 8% in near 1hr 50mins, i turned it off, cant be A*sed anymore

Checked again. 30% in six and a half hours. Jaysus, that's grim.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Checked again. 30% in six and a half hours. Jaysus, that's grim.

Haha, mine seems to be getting slower, just went on to check it, and it installed 1% in 15mins,

amazon is a bit more expensive, think 61 euro, you'll get it monday/tuesday id say

€58 with their free delivery (estimated delivery 2nd-3rd September), €64 with their standard delivery (estimated delivery 1st-3rd September). I'd imagine the free delivery will get here at the same time (Tuesday) so no need to fork out the extra most likely.

The only thing is, I've a couple of things on early next week but an almost completely free weekend, so I really want to have it on release day so I can hammer it all weekend :pac:

I'll probably wait and see if I can get it somewhere in a bricks and mortar on Friday for €65. If not I'll just wait and order it for €58 on Amazon. GameStop and Xtra-Vision are charging €74.99 per their website!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

PerrinV2 wrote: »

Awesome, free delivery too (there's no Smyths store I'll be able to make it to). :)

I see it's expected in stock 27th (Thursday). Has anyone ever ordered online from them before? What's the chances of getting it on Friday if I order it tomorrow I wonder? They say on their website if you order before 2pm you'll receive your item within 1-2 working days.

It's a pity about the game being released on Friday because if you don't get it on Friday you're obviously without it until Monday the earliest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

• Advertisement

Just tried a bit of 16 there, safe to say, im gonna suck at defence in this version to

Just tried a bit of 16 there, safe to say, im gonna suck at defence in this version to

Give us your review mate :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Any chance of being able to play this tomorrow or from midnight tonight? Pre-ordered last night and the countdown timer ends at midnight tonight. Also, i see in this thread that Smyths have it in stock from the 27th?

Am only half paying attention to this so let me know if i am completely off the mark!

Apparently the bug with the speed is ridiculous. Someone put up a picture on PFL of his Packers team with drafted players - 98, 97, 97 speed ratings from these players. He also took a number of CB's who all rated 87+ in speed. Breshad Perriman is supposedly completely uncoverable too due to his speed.

I assume it all gets patched but Jesus Christ, how does this stuff get through tests?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭tripperman

Paully D wrote: »
    Apparently the bug with the speed is ridiculous. Someone put up a picture on PFL of his Packers team with drafted players - 98, 97, 97 speed ratings from these players. He also took a number of CB's who all rated 87+ in speed. Breshad Perriman is supposedly completely uncoverable too due to his speed.

I assume it all gets patched but Jesus Christ, how does this stuff get through tests?

I think this was the beta testing for them, otherwise it should have been right when they gave the trial

Give us your review mate :)

I think you lads can give me a review tomorrow when ye get the game,

im still waiting for the access install, 90% done since 10 last night

im still waiting for the access install, 90% done since 10 last night

That is mental! Mine had installed when I got up this morning :cool:

Played a game v the cpu there, and one thing has not changed in this version.

Cornerbacks and Safety's are still dropping uncontested interceptions

I don't like that there are five passes to now choose from. Too many options. I like the new coverage options although I need to get into he habit of playing the man and not the ball.

Won my first game in OT 16-13 against the Eagles. The Giants's Offensive Line is terrible (realistic, I know)

Into the 2nd quarter against dolphins, OBJ already has a 53 yard TD off a quick slant, and a 59 yard deep ball from play action.

He's insane.

• Advertisement

Just had that neutral zone penalty bug Paully mentioned as well

35cce8f765147997c1ae19cd5f377f9f.png

Jesus :pac:

Plenty of time to get practice in and used to teams etc I suppose.

The new catching mechanics seem way over powered I have to say. Just played my first game of Draft Champions and Beckham was jumping so high to catch passes he looked like he had stilts.

35cce8f765147997c1ae19cd5f377f9f.png

Jesus :pac:

Plenty of time to get practice in and used to teams etc I suppose.

When will they decide on a timetable for patches to be released

tripperman wrote: »
    When will they decide on a timetable for patches to be released

Nothing official, but Pasta Padre said probably 2-3 weeks.

Played a couple of online games last night, Some RB's are way overpowered, AP and McCoy were unstoppable, bounced off a couple of D lineman, then through them for big gains, also Pass interference got called quite a few times to, dont think i ever got that called in 15

I do think its better, tbh. It seems a lot more balanced.

The Encroachment penalties are my only real annoyance from last night. Only time will tell with regards to exploits etc, though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

franchises dont normally start until the wednesday after week 1 to allow for updates so i wouldn't worry too much about them fixing it

Nothing official, but Pasta Padre said probably 2-3 weeks.

Same time as week one rosters so, gives plenty time of time to try a few teams and different schemes aswell

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Are those Encroachment penalties on the players ppl are usering?

Advertisement