Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 16 Thread - News, Rumours, Discussion Etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Are those Encroachment penalties on the players ppl are usering?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Must do a Euro millions ticket my local xtra vision rang me, my Madden is ready to collect today instead of tomorrow and price is down from when I pre ordered

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

how much?

how much?

Will tell you in an hour or two when I collect it after work

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Some prices I saw in town today:

- Xtra-Vision = €79.99 :eek:
    - GameStop = €74.99
    - Argos = €62.99 (said "coming soon" on their computer when I tried to order and was unavailable to buy)

I think GameStop and Xtra-Vision might be getting a slap on the wrist as official release date is 28th August. Not that I'm complaining, I had a few games to trade in at CEX so got €65 for them (included FIFA 15 and Madden 15 which I never play any more) and bought it in GameStop after swearing I'd never pay their prices again :pac:

If people want to hold on until tomorrow I think Argos might have it in at the above price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Paully D wrote: »

- GameStop = €74.99
    - Argos = €62.99 (said "coming soon" on their computer when I tried to order and was unavailable to buy)

I think GameStop and Xtra-Vision might be getting a slap on the wrist as official release date is 28th August. Not that I'm complaining, I had a few games to trade in at CEX so got €65 for them (included FIFA 15 and Madden 15 which I never play any more) and bought it in GameStop after swearing I'd never pay their prices again :pac:

If people want to hold on until tomorrow I think Argos might have it in at the above price.

How much in CEX for Fifa and Madden out of curiosity? Intending to pop in on saturday to build up the funds for new madden...

hots wrote: »
    How much in CEX for Fifa and Madden out of curiosity? Intending to pop in on saturday to build up the funds for new madden...

I got €12 for Madden and €10 for FIFA. Ridiculous really but I never play them so better off in the Madden 16 fund as opposed to gathering dust on the shelf I suppose.

Will you be joining our franchise? :D

I got €12 for Madden and €10 for FIFA. Ridiculous really but I never play them so better off in the Madden 16 fund as opposed to gathering dust on the shelf I suppose.

That's same for what I'm getting Madden later on when I collect

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

that's actually not that bad for "last years" games I suppose... I'd love to but the massive downside of the PS4 is the lack of Boards Madden leagues :( Also I'm pretty crap and never played with a mic (any games) so I'd be a fairly terrible GM I think :)

Seeing as though I have the trial downloaded, I presume I can just pay the 60 quid or so on the US Store, and then have it without having to reinstall the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Buttros

Knex. wrote: »
    Seeing as though I have the trial downloaded, I presume I can just pay the 60 quid or so on the US Store, and then have it without having to reinstall the game?

Yep. That's what I did. And no issues at all

Knex. wrote: »

€62.99 on the Irish store I believe. 10% discount because you're an EA Access member.

- GameStop = €74.99

Yeah xtra vision is down to 74 that's what I got it at, was down for 80 at pre oreder, with the few games I traded in wasn't so bad,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

I got it for 64 yoyo in smyths

I felt disgusting throwing that winning TD with the Steelers :mad::pac:

How are people finding the new deep catch stuff? I've seen a lot of people say it's overpowered, but Pasta Padre said he has found it balanced and I tend to agree (so far anyway!).

In practice mode, I ran 60+ four verticals plays with the Lions (Megatron) against the Seahawks (Sherman). From my findings, Megatron came down with 24 and Sherman won (INT or pass defense) 26 times. 10+ plays either resulted in Stafford over-throwing, being sacked etc.

Now of course on some plays I may not have pressed the button at the right time, thrown when I shouldn't have etc, but it's a decent sample size nonetheless.

At least now you can factor the deep ball into your game plan while in previous years it was a complete waste of time. A step in the right direction with regards to that feature IMO.

I felt disgusting throwing that winning TD with the Steelers :mad::pac:

Ha broke my heart as a fellow Ravens fan!

Anyone else struggling with the new catch systems, I found the defensive one grand to work with, but as rock said a good few dropped that should be picked, I know some could have been myself to late on ballhawk, I was changing plays and the flip play is down for one button but works off another I found

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

lads, ended up getting mine for 55 in Smyths carrickmines. not sure how there was "disc discount" of €10 on it, the chap said he's sold a good few yesterday and today and its the first time it came up

dont really like the RAC feature tbh

• Advertisement

dont really like the RAC feature tbh

I think it's cool. I threw an awesome touch pass with Andrew Luck to TY Hilton earlier on, used the RAC catch and he took it to the house. Without it, he'd have caught the ball and been tackled easily.

I think it's cool. I threw an awesome touch pass with Andrew Luck to TY Hilton earlier on, used the RAC catch and he took it to the house. Without it, he'd have caught the ball and been tackled easily.

If you get the correct pass type and correct call on catch you can make serious gains, I was trying out the cardinals online and threw a beauty of a lob pass behind a defender, done A catch for possession and made another 10 yards, found rac can cause a few drops

tripperman wrote: »
    If you get the correct pass type and correct call on catch you can make serious gains, I was trying out the cardinals online and threw a beauty of a lob pass behind a defender, done A catch for possession and made another 10 yards, found rac can cause a few drops

Yeah that's definitely true with the RAC in my experience. Big risk/reward with it.

Yeah that's definitely true with the RAC in my experience. Big risk/reward with it.

The rewards are big when it works, I used different teams and found that man coverage works a lot better on this version, zone is good but not as good as last, big difference is pass style lob/bullet/high/low/touch and takes getting used to, but when you nail a pass on a big it gives you a great feeling

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Enjoying the draft champions mode,getting to use so many players every few games is fun plus you get random playbook each time I think.

Gameplay wise,not sure what to may of the catching yet,also user caught in the last madden using Y so finding I'm still doing that alot.
    Defensibly I'm struggling alot mostly usering a MLB,they seem quite slow or something and can't turn quick at all,finding receviers are flying past me,can't keep with them at all even with the likes of a fast MLB like Kendricks.

Yeah I also think draft champions is cool, good to use 1999 Ray Lewis ! No he didn't stab anyone, but those sacks and tackles <3

I've been playing around with a few different teams tonight and one has really taken my fancy - the Dolphins.

I've mainly be using the Giants. Must play with a few more tomorrow.

Played with the Broncos for one game, and I really liked them. Might be an offensive playbook that I use for the franchise, actually.

This game does feel a lot more balanced though. I'm liking it.

Anyone else gone into cfm yet? I'm not a fan of some of the changes not as slick as last year I think, game prep for player xp is just a list of players not develop rolb or wr or scrimmage like last year,

I think there's a glitch on pats and field goals, played online the other night and the guy kept usering a linebacker and running him round from behind the line of scrimmage to out behind the kicker and back, didn't touch the kicker but right up against him while I was setting up for it and no penalty was given, can that be right no penalty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just played a game there where twice, yes twice my CB jumped with WR, intercepted the ball 1st, yet the Receiver got the catch as they fell to the ground.

I DO NOT LIKE THIS!!!

Advertisement