Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 16 Thread - News, Rumours, Discussion Etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Just played a game there where twice, yes twice my CB jumped with WR, intercepted the ball 1st, yet the Receiver got the catch as they fell to the ground.

I DO NOT LIKE THIS!!!

Yeah that's happened to me a couple of times, except I benefited from it where I thought I threw a couple of picks but came away with the ball once we were grounded!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Apparently its impossible to get XP for players in CFM this year.

Don't know if it's me, the game, or the controller, but I can rarely get more than 60 % power on kicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Knex. wrote: »
    Don't know if it's me, the game, or the controller, but I can rarely get more than 60 % power on kicks.

I find the power up meter shoots up to fast to stop it at full power so it drops to around 50%, only happens me in online games

I find the power up meter shoots up to fast to stop it at full power so it drops to around 50%, only happens me in online games

Yeah, just in head to head as well.

I feel like I press it at the right time, but it just doesn't register.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭tripperman

Can't get enough power ether had a 42 fg fall short with the wind, only goes just over half power, the kick arc is way to fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

The kick meter in online games pisses me right off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Beefy78 wrote: »
    The kick meter in online games pisses me right off.

ive had a few games and its been 50/50 tbh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Mariota's got a bit of arm on him :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

PerrinV2 wrote: »

That throw on the shot play deep in your own half on about 3rd and 15 was fantastic :eek: Burnt my whole secondary!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Paully D wrote: »
    That throw on the shot play deep in your own half on about 3rd and 15 was fantastic :eek: Burnt my whole secondary!

Obvious attempt to get Heli back playing is obvious :D

Yeah he does, i dont know his stats but i know going LB and to either side line he vastly overshoots the receiver

Played Tripper last with The Buffalo Bills, and they are a very underrated team, if they had a good QB, that offense would be near unstoppable

Played Tripper last with The Buffalo Bills, and they are a very underrated team, if they had a good QB, that offense would be near unstoppable

Ah they are underrated, that defence is unreal they have, but a good qb be a nightmare to defend along with your favourite 150 yards McCoy

Probably to do with how I play (and still not being great), but I find if I don't have a decent receiver, I'm pretty crap offensively.

e.g: I was pretty damn poor with the Eagles for a lot of the game. Only got going in the fourth quarter.

Played a H2H game last night that went 0-0 until 4 mins left in the 4th. I was the Seahawks, playing against the Lions. I won 14-7, the final TD coming with a minute left on the clock.

Really, really enjoyed the defensive slug fest

I find the eagles are not as good as the overall rating suggests, Murray Mathews Sproles are great with that O line, Matthews is the best WR by a mile, MLB's are good to, but the defense is really let down by the CB's, they are terrible, especially Boykin.

I find the eagles are not as good as the overall rating suggests, Murray Mathews Sproles are great with that O line, Matthews is the best WR by a mile, MLB's are good to, but the defense is really let down by the CB's, they are terrible, especially Boykin.

Found the defence was pretty good, being honest. Great linebacker unit in general, and the D-line is very solid.

Boykin is at the Steelers now. Think the starting CB's I had were Maxwell, Carroll and Thurmond.

The latter two aren't great though, for sure.

It does feel weird for me to find the defence good, and yet the offense awkward/average, when playing with the Eagles. It was notoriously the other way around for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Teams I've enjoyed most so far are Ravens, lions, Cowboys, Dolphins, romo is the only downside to the Cowboys! Ravens oline needs work along with the secondary

Found the defence was pretty good, being honest. Great linebacker unit in general, and the D-line is very solid.

Boykin is at the Steelers now. Think the starting CB's I had were Maxwell, Carroll and Thurmond.

The latter two aren't great though, for sure.

It does feel weird for me to find the defence good, and yet the offense awkward/average, when playing with the Eagles. It was notoriously the other way around for ages.

Yeah i still have Boykin in franchise mode, in that mode, Boykin, Carroll and Thurmond are pants, Watkins could be good over time, the rest of the defense can stop the run easily enough, but they will get done in the passing game, The WR's are very hard to find, Matthews is excellant, then it goes downhill, Agholar could develop into a top WR but at the start he's not great, Huff, Austin, Cooper are average to say the least, Murray, Mathews, Sproles are great, but if they get stopped, you might struggle then.

waiting till tomorrow to pick this up is it much of an improvement from last year?

waiting till tomorrow to pick this up is it much of an improvement from last year?

I'd say yes. Lot more balanced.

Main gripe is the on handed catches, but if you stop yourself from going for the INT, and concentrate on pressing A and hitting the receiver, its not a big deal.

• Advertisement

Knex is right once you focus on hitting the receiver instead of trying for a pick you will make big stops, if you can get into the run game, use the drills to learn about them you can make massive strides on that aspect of it compared to last year, its an improvement that takes time to learn

I'll probably bump this post in the new year laughing and I said I wouldn't comment until a month in, but this game is excellent IMO. A huge, huge improvement.

It was too hard to run the ball last year. They've made it much fairer this year IMO while not coming anywhere close to the ridiculous running that players were capable of in Madden 25.

I love the new catching options and especially the WR/DB interactions on deep balls. Previously, there was absolutely no point in taking a shot deep even if you had Megatron 1-on-1 against an average DB. Now the deep ball can be a huge part of your gameplan. Playing Perrin last night, he had a 3rd and about 15 deep in his own half. In prior years the best you could hope for was probably a screen and hope for the best or to make about 10-12 yards. Instead, he took a shot downfield, burnt my coverage and ran in for about a 70 yard TD. I conceded a TD but thought it was fantastic! :pac:

It's not perfect by any means but this game is a huge step in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Haven't played a Madden game since Madden 12 on the PS3 so I've been completely out of the loop but I am absolutely loving 16.

I'm finding the play to be very balanced. Not too tough and not too easy. Play calling is simplistic and laid out very well.

Overall, it looks polished.

Mariota has a ridiculous arm on him when I played against the Titans. That said, I was able to intercept him twice. *smug face*

Only thing that bothers me about franchise mode is the amount of wasted space on the initial screen. Where the Week 2 part is, they should have put the news feed there. Ok, it's virtual news but it's what really involves you in your franchise I find anyway.

The scouting points for future draft players is a good touch but I wish they gave you the option of unlocking specific traits instead of randomising them. If there's a player I need for a particular position, I'd like to be able to unlock what grade his agility/strength etc is instead of a meaningless trait that I don't need.

First impressions are very good though.

I like how I routinely can stop people who attempt 4th downs online. Big plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Really liking the game so far (hardly put in any time yet) but finding it tough enough to get the catching decisions right... find myself defaulting to triangle/Y catching too often out of habit. Also after playing as Dline/OLBs rushing on defense last year finally trying to play as coverage more and it's really satisfying. Feels a lot more physical against the receivers. Lastly, playing as the jets having Marshal and to a lesser extent Revis is such a godsend, Marshall reigns in passes and really lends himself to aggressive catches when he gets 1 on 1 with defenders.

I user the safeties a lot in this game. I keep meaning to use CB's when I'm putting 8 in the box, but I constantly forget until after the lob pass is thrown against me :pac:

I think Perrin mentioned it, but I don't find using the MLB as effective as before, for whatever reason. Perhaps its because I use man coverage a lot more now, rather than zone. You get killed in the passing game at times in zone.

Is anyone else finding the CPU very hard to beat on All-Pro? Also, quite a lot of broken tackles by players who don't really have that ability?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Being very busy so have only had time to play 2 full games..playing on all madden as the pack..beat the Bears 42-35 and then couldn't string two plays together against Seattle..such a difference between the 2 teams it's unreal

Is anyone else finding the CPU very hard to beat on All-Pro? Also, quite a lot of broken tackles by players who don't really have that ability?

Broken tackles thing is ridiculous. Randle broke 6 in one 50 yard play when I was v Cowboys.

Romo was like 17 from 17 at one stage too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Playing cfm mode and went 10-6 with the Browns in All-Pro mode. Playing Chargers in wildcard tonight. Manziel has been my QB and i have 20 tds and 22 interceptions on the season. Over the past 7/8 games i have really tightened things up. Signed Ryan Matthews and Golden Tate as free agents. Browns D is serious.

Anyone use any of the slider sets that are up on-line for All-Pro? Any recommendations?

Advertisement