Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 16 Thread - News, Rumours, Discussion Etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Anyone played a few games with the new update.? Much of a difference.?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

limerickfc wrote: »
    Anyone played a few games with the new update.? Much of a difference.?

Played a bit last night, thought that the long aggressive catches seemed less fool-proof but not sure if I was playing poorly/looking for them to be nuked a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

hots wrote: »
    Played a bit last night, thought that the long aggressive catches seemed less fool-proof but not sure if I was playing poorly/looking for them to be nuked a bit.

Yeah your right there not as effective as there were defenders get bat down or even a pick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Bought this yesterday off CD keys but won't work. Contacted Xbox who say the code is valid and they don't know whats. CD keys say its an Xbox problem. Where do i go from here

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Carroller wrote: »
    Bought this yesterday off CD keys but won't work. Contacted Xbox who say the code is valid and they don't know whats. CD keys say its an Xbox problem. Where do i go from here

Is it one of those photograph codes that get emailed?

I got my XBL sub off them, and had a similar issue. Think it was that their 6s look the same as G's, or something like that. Had to try a bunch of combinations, subbing out 6s for G's, and vice versa, before it worked for me.

Although if Xbox say the code is valid, then I'm not sure, unless you read it one way to them, after inputting it differently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Knex. wrote: »
    Is it one of those photograph codes that get emailed?

I got my XBL sub off them, and had a similar issue. Think it was that their 6s look the same as G's, or something like that. Had to try a bunch of combinations, subbing out 6s for G's, and vice versa, before it worked for me.

Although if Xbox say the code is valid, then I'm not sure, unless you read it one way to them, after inputting it differently?

Ended up getting it working. Had to change my region to the US. Hope this doesn't affect the game. You'd think 3 Xbox reps and a CD keys support person could have told me to do that

Carroller wrote: »
    Ended up getting it working. Had to change my region to the US. Hope this doesn't affect the game. You'd think 3 Xbox reps and a CD keys support person could have told me to do that

That's messed up.

Definitely shouldn't effect the game, though. I know a few people on here downloaded it from the US Store as it was released earlier there, and its fine when they switch back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

My US PS4 version of the game works fine other than that I can't seem to buy credits for MUT (not that I probably ever would).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭davetherave

Ah this game can be annoying sometimes. Have started a franchise with the bears. Game 1 vs the packers. Jay Cutler gets hit and breaks his collar bone, no bother in comes Jimmy Clausen. Things are going fine, it's 14-14 inside of 2 minutes in the 1st. Bears have the ball on the GreenBay 8yd line, Spread formation, outside backer is blitzing so Forte is set up on an angle route to get to the open zone in the middle. Fecking super safety out of nowhere intercepts the ball at the greenbay 7 yard line and takes off down the field. The bauld Jimmy takes off after him. Now if you've got a solid defensive back and you've got a backup QB, who is going to win a 92 yard footrace?
    Clausen dives and flicks the ankles at his own 5 yard line, the defender fumbles the ball and Eddie Royal is the next on the scene and dives on it in the endzone, he then proceeds to stand up so he can get hit for the safety instead of lying down on the ball and giving up the safety, he gets carted off the field for his troubles with some rib issues. To make things worse the Booth reviews the play and rules that his knee was down before the ball came out so GB got the ball on my 2 yd line. Oh the joy of it all.

There doesn't seem to be anyway to save replays or highlights? Other than the automatically recorded ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

You can open the game dvr and record the last 30 seconds up to the last 3 mons.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Still waiting for my copy of this, which is frustrating. It's being sent from America for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Still waiting for my copy of this, which is frustrating. It's being sent from America for some reason.

The less time you have to play before the franchise starts, the better for all concerned on here! :pac::D

I'm still not sure about Madden 16. It seems so buggy. I had three complete freezes yesterday vs maybe one in a whole year on Madden 15. The one handed catching is still broken IMO, I just had a game where an AI player kept running around falling over before the snap - got me three five yard gains from each time he stumbled over the line of scrimmage. And worst of all in the game I'm playing right now Jay Cutler is ripping me apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Reaper KH

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm still not sure about Madden 16. It seems so buggy. I had three complete freezes yesterday vs maybe one in a whole year on Madden 15. The one handed catching is still broken IMO, I just had a game where an AI player kept running around falling over before the snap - got me three five yard gains from each time he stumbled over the line of scrimmage. And worst of all in the game I'm playing right now Jay Cutler is ripping me apart.
    damn seems like EA dealt you crap one, never had any problems with mine

I'm playing Draft champions, and it's a fantastically fun mode. However it's populated by the most annoying type of person, rage quitters. I kick off and this lad moves up to halfway easy enough. Next three plays go run for no gain, incompletion, and failed screen. He goes for it on 4th and 12 and my 6 man rush gets to the QB. So he quits. What's the point?

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I'm playing Draft champions, and it's a fantastically fun mode. However it's populated by the most annoying type of person, rage quitters. I kick off and this lad moves up to halfway easy enough. Next three plays go run for no gain, incompletion, and failed screen. He goes for it on 4th and 12 and my 6 man rush gets to the QB. So he quits. What's the point?

Suppose he fecked up his draft and needs a game to draft a new one. Won't let you restart without losing.

That's the only thing I can think of

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭MontyChips

I having an issue with the passing camera! To be honest not fond of the way it immediately zooms in on passing plays especially the deep ones! For some reason I can switch it off in a normal exhibition game but when I play in franchise mode it doesn't off turn despite the fact I turn it off in the league settings! Anyone else experiencing the same?

How are people finding developing players? Seems that XP in game prep has been massively cut back and replaced with these in-game 'drive' challenges. But they were annoying and distracting me so I turned them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone know if there's a way to automatically delegate the game prep hours every week? I'm not arsed doing it myself but at the same time I wouldn't like it to go to waste.

• Advertisement

If you just don't do it then the AI does it for you when you advance the gameclock. Same as it does if you sim a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

My US PS4 version of the game works fine other than that I can't seem to buy credits for MUT (not that I probably ever would).

Because you bought the game on the US store you'll need to buy DLC/MUT coins on the US store too.

Got caught out with that myself when I bought Destiny last year.

If I bought them on my US account though I wouldn't be able to use them on my main account. I assume anyway.

If I bought them on my US account though I wouldn't be able to use them on my main account. I assume anyway.

Yep, you can. I've been playing games I downloaded from the US Store on my main account and have had zero issues with playing online or playing offline.

Sorry, I know I can use the game and the DLC by just downloading them on the US account and using them on my main (UK) account. But if I buy MUT coins on the US store I surely wouldn't be able to use those on my main account.

Sorry, I know I can use the game and the DLC by just downloading them on the US account and using them on my main (UK) account. But if I buy MUT coins on the US store I surely wouldn't be able to use those on my main account.

Oh I get ya pal sorry.

I'm actually not a MUT player myself so I can't be too sure myself. Had a quick Google and couldn't find anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Has anybody noticed in the last week that cpu WR's cannot be stopped on deep passes, i press to tackle/swat/catch but the WR, no matter who it is, still catches it.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Much of a difference between 15? Thinking of getting this, 2015 version is less than half the price though. More of a casual gamer, only really getting back into NFL after a few years hiatus.

Are you on xbox one or ps4? I didn't play 15, but apparently 16 is a huge improvement on these consoles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Is everyone having the Connected Franchise problem or just some? It freezes after the end of every game, forums seem as though loads of people are having the same issue. Really annoying as it's been the only mode I've played until this year, having to mess around in UT now instead.

Advertisement