Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Porsche 924 with UK plates

Options
  • 19-04-2015 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Just back from viewing a 1986 Porsche 924 S. It's in fair condition, with a bit of engine/body work required. Me and my bro are looking for something like this as a summer project car to restore.

Seller wants €800 but here's the catch, it has UK plates on it. It was imported into Ireland in 2009 but has never had Irish plates, so has never been road worthy. The seller tells me that if I wait til next year to register it, it will be 30 years old and will qualify for a ZV plate which will cost about €200.

I'm not quite sure what to do, does anyone know if this sounds legit? Trying to figure out if I'd be liable for any other VRT costs, and will I have to pay from 2009 onwards?

Would love to get the car, has a wheeler dealers feel to it, would love to restore it to its former glory.

Any advice greatly appreciated, really don't know what to do.

Advertisement