Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shad ???

• 19-04-2015 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

I saw a post on south side angling page about shad season up and coming- I was just looking for any Info regarding licences needed to catch them aswell as the closest place to dublin to catch them- I'm aware the tazzy devil is the lure to use.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

St Mullins seems to be the best spot for them and May the best month.Keep an eye on the Sea angling Ireland website for more info!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Welllmade1745

downwesht wrote: »
    St Mullins seems to be the best spot for them and May the best month.Keep an eye on the Sea angling Ireland website for more info!

That's the spot outside new Ross right ??
    If soo I've fished there before about 5 yr ago with a friend don't remember much though- hence the post.:)
    Anywhere closer to dublin you can catch them though ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

Never fished them sorry.I know that they occur in small numbers in other rivers but haven't a clue about rivers near Dublin.As I said above try the SAI website,

Advertisement