Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying for internet that we don't have?

Options
  • 19-04-2015 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Ordered broadband from Magnet over 3 weeks ago, and we still aren't connected.

We were told by them that there "must be a fault on our line" and are sending an engineer out.

Surely, we shouldn't be paying for this until we actually get connected properly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

You pay each month in advance so it's possible you will be billed for the first month before the service is activated, however I wouldn't expect to be billed for subsequent months until a few weeks after the service was provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Lived in an apartment a few years back that would only allow Magnet to operate phone/internet/TV. The main reason I moved out was because of the service from Magnet. No joke, they are unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Mod: Let's stick to the OP's issue rather than deviate into a general discussion on Magnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Cathalog

slimjimmc wrote: »
    You pay each month in advance so it's possible you will be billed for the first month before the service is activated, however I wouldn't expect to be billed for subsequent months until a few weeks after the service was provided.

Great. If this doesn't happen automatically, we will make sure to phone them!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

You only pay when the service is active. I had the same situation as you and billing didn't commence until in networks, eircom and magnet sorted out the problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement