Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are many people going to fortune tellers anymore

Options
  • 19-04-2015 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

From being on Boards.ie I used to notice a lot of posts and general activity in the fortune teller section, but not much anymore.

Are people on here are not going very much now, have people lost interest in it, cant afford it in recent years? , etc, why?. Just wondering why the change

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

acon2119 wrote: »
    From being on Boards.ie I used to notice a lot of posts and general activity in the fortune teller section, but not much anymore.

Are people on here are not going very much now, have people lost interest in it, cant afford it in recent years? , etc, why?. Just wondering why the change

I can see where this is going.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭James DD

acon2119 wrote: »

I think people read what's on here already, also with the directory they don't need to ask for numbers. That's my take on it although some like to get back and give an account of their experience, but I say there's loads still going.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭HoneyBee78

I can see where this is going.

Are you a psychic? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

James DD wrote: »
    I think people read what's on here already, also with the directory they don't need to ask for numbers. That's my take on it although some like to get back and give an account of their experience, but I say there's loads still going.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. Like the OP, I had also noticed the marked shortfall in people posting on here over the past three years, especially. I just assumed that people generally weren't interested in visiting psychics anymore and/or writing about it on here.

I don't know how I managed to overlook the bank of useful info about readers that's grown over the past eight years or so, and the directory of numbers, of course (I even created the basic Weebly web page of readers' numbers myself, ffs!). :rolleyes: There are two directory pages of numbers.

Even though it'd be nice to see more of the lively discussions we once had again, I'm glad that people out there are now more informed. I hope that people are able to make better choices when considering visiting a psychic, based on all the feedback posted here previously. And that a fair bit of the logistical hassle of visiting one (getting a working phone number, having more detailed directions for some, etc.) has been reduced.

To date, there has been a general consensus among posters on which readers are the best/most reputable. Accordingly, I, for the most part, added numbers of same to the directory page I made. The remainder of readers' numbers I'd add were then just ones that people requested here a lot. '6th', who was a regular, long-term poster on the Paranormal forum before, also seemed to tailor his directory page similarly.

Getting back to the original topic though - I haven't been to a psychic/medium for a long time myself. I'd say the last one was Betty Palko (Princess Diana's former personal psychic :rolleyes:), at a Mind Body Spirit Fair in 2012. Poor, old Betty was a million miles off with everything she said to me, including the predictions she made for the following two years. :rolleyes: I already knew the latter wouldn't materialise before I even walked away from her at the time anyway (Jaysus, I must be psychic!). :) I noticed her trying to 'adapt' what she was saying to me, based on my body language and (few) words. Cringeworthy really.

The only reason I decided not to pay her was because I said I'd give the old dear's madcap predictions for me a chance to materialise and maybe prove me wrong... Oh well. :)

Nonetheless, Betty is still being booked to appear at the MBS Fair annually, and dozens of people at a time still queue to see her for readings. Does anyone know if the MBS organisers pay heed to the credibility of the readers they book, and/or pay attention to feedback about readers at the fair? I would have assumed they would...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 black kitten

I have been to many, but none have been able to predict the future accurately, bang on with the present and the past so at 50 quid a go I don't think I will bother to go again to be told what I already know. Having said that I did go to a physic medium 2 months ago and found her to be the best yet, her predictions haven't come to pass yet, but what she did say made perfect sense, I also tried to trick her to see if she could tell me something personal about myself, she didn't fall for it...and told me only something that I would know I knew that she was the real deal then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 black kitten

I have been to many, but none have been able to predict the future accurately, bang on with the present and the past so at 50 quid a go I don't think I will bother to go again to be told what I already know. Having said that I did go to a physic medium 2 months ago and found her to be the best yet, her predictions haven't come to pass yet, but what she did say made perfect sense, I also tried to trick her to see if she could tell me something personal about myself, she didn't fall for it...and told me only something that I would know I knew that she was the real deal then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I went to 2 readers, both highly recommended on this forum.

One was bang on about the present and 1 of her predictions came true but that was it. Won't go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭acon2119

I have been to a few myself, some good and some not so good. Do you mind telling me who the physic medium is you went to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Acushla2015

Totally agree regarding Betty Palko, see my earlier reply and new thread. This woman is a total fraud, makes me wonder if she's lied about being Diana's psychic all these years as well....

There are two ladies who live in England however who I can recommend as being accurate so far: Julie Cook and Anne Hassett. They visited Hong Kong as well but also do Skype readings.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 yellowjumper

Yeah, I'd say there's less activity here because of the comprehensive directory!

I went to a tarot reader in Dublin city in November 2012, and it was my first tarot reading. It was so spot on- absolutely everything he said has happened in the past two and a half years, despite some of it not being what I wanted to hear at the time or being the opposite of my plans/intentions (though it turned out to be a blessing in disguise!). Really amazing, every single thing came true, and it was a detailed reading.
    I didn't give anything away when I was there, but inwardly was in a very emotional state at the time so maybe this had some influence on how accurate the reading was?
    Either way, I am thinking about going back in the next week or so. The reading really meant a lot to me in terms of guidance and reassurance.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'd say there's less activity here because of the comprehensive directory!

I went to a tarot reader in Dublin city in November 2012, and it was my first tarot reading. It was so spot on- absolutely everything he said has happened in the past two and a half years, despite some of it not being what I wanted to hear at the time or being the opposite of my plans/intentions (though it turned out to be a blessing in disguise!). Really amazing, every single thing came true, and it was a detailed reading.
    I didn't give anything away when I was there, but inwardly was in a very emotional state at the time so maybe this had some influence on how accurate the reading was?
    Either way, I am thinking about going back in the next week or so. The reading really meant a lot to me in terms of guidance and reassurance and that wouldn't go astray now again!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I think there was a bit of a fad a few years ago, coming off the back of the Most Haunted popularity. The impression I get is that it has died down, but that could be because I am out of the loop having lost interest - it had become all about money with everyone I knew. Funnily enough though, I have a friend who is a healer and who does psychic work -lovely guy - charges a minimal fee and hasn't a jot of care how long his sessions take. I went to him recently having not done anything like that for years, and, while cynical even with him, I got a heck of a lot more from it than if I had gone to the doctor and given him 50 quid instead. (I had already been to the doctor to check out my health issues tho I got very little help - not completely daft).

Ive also heard of a few touring psychics who are doing the rounds still, and charging an arm and a leg for what they do. So it hasnt dissappeared, its just not as visible as the media interest has waned.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭acon2119

Either way, I am thinking about going back in the next week or so. The reading really meant a lot to me in terms of guidance and reassurance and that wouldn't go astray now again!

Hi, would you mind telling me who it was you went to for that reading

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Tbh, I haven't heard about any particular male tarot reader/psychic/ft based in Dublin City who's said to be amazingly accurate, spot-on, etc (as yellowjumper said above). I thought I would have heard about him already if, indeed, he does exist (as in, I'd know who he is immediately).

Well, I think it's personal and very subjective thing- maybe I was really lucky the day I went to see him and happened to catch him on a particularly good day!
    I can't speak for anyone else or even what he's like in general, all I know is that I found it unbelievably spot on when I went. :)
    And acon2119, I'll pm you the name!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭mel123

I think you hit the nail on the head there. Like the OP, I had also noticed the marked shortfall in people posting on here over the past three years, especially. I just assumed that people generally weren't interested in visiting psychics anymore and/or writing about it on here.

I don't know how I managed to overlook the bank of useful info about readers that's grown over the past eight years or so, and the directory of numbers, of course (I even created the basic Weebly web page of readers' numbers myself, ffs!). :rolleyes: There are two directory pages of numbers.

Even though it'd be nice to see more of the lively discussions we once had again, I'm glad that people out there are now more informed. I hope that people are able to make better choices when considering visiting a psychic, based on all the feedback posted here previously. And that a fair bit of the logistical hassle of visiting one (getting a working phone number, having more detailed directions for some, etc.) has been reduced.

To date, there has been a general consensus among posters on which readers are the best/most reputable. Accordingly, I, for the most part, added numbers of same to the directory page I made. The remainder of readers' numbers I'd add were then just ones that people requested here a lot. '6th', who was a regular, long-term poster on the Paranormal forum before, also seemed to tailor his directory page similarly.

Getting back to the original topic though - I haven't been to a psychic/medium for a long time myself. I'd say the last one was Betty Palko (Princess Diana's former personal psychic :rolleyes:), at a Mind Body Spirit Fair in 2012. Poor, old Betty was a million miles off with everything she said to me, including the predictions she made for the following two years. :rolleyes: I already knew the latter wouldn't materialise before I even walked away from her at the time anyway (Jaysus, I must be psychic!). :) I noticed her trying to 'adapt' what she was saying to me, based on my body language and (few) words. Cringeworthy really.

The only reason I decided not to pay her was because I said I'd give the old dear's madcap predictions for me a chance to materialise and maybe prove me wrong... Oh well. :)

Nonetheless, Betty is still being booked to appear at the MBS Fair annually, and dozens of people at a time still queue to see her for readings. Does anyone know if the MBS organisers pay heed to the credibility of the readers they book, and/or pay attention to feedback about readers at the fair? I would have assumed they would...

Who is the best you have been to, as a matter of interest?

Also, on the not paying, did she say anything when you said you were not paying? I always wondered this, like to myself saying 'oh I wont pay', but don't know if I would have the balls :-) and id prob think they would put a spell on me or something :):):)

Advertisement