Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese Oral

• 19-04-2015 4:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I have my Japanese oral on Thursday and I'm pretty much set for everything except for the role-plays. My subject teacher and everyone else I spoke to that did Japanese for their LC told me that there are no role-plays for the Japanese oral. However, when I checked the curriculum a few days ago (late, I know) it said there are in fact role-plays (curriculumonline.ie/getmedia/6aaec8af-748f-4cdf-9e72-e0348297e42f/SCSEC23_Japanese_Syllabus_eng.pdf).

The oral component of assessment will consist of
    (a) general conversation, based on the syllabus
    content
    (b) role-play
    (c) development of theme of role-play through
    discussion

(d) description of a picture and discussion of related
    themes/topics

I'm panicking now as I have no clue what role-plays are and how many of them I have to learn. I won't be meeting my subject teacher before my oral so I can't ask her.

Does anyone know who I can contact for more information about the role-plays (what it's about, how many there are etc.).

Thank you!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Wait til the SEC site is back tomorrow.
    Any circulars regarding the Japanese orals will be there and it will give a list of role-plays if one exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

If you look at the cached version of the Oral Examinations page, there's no roleplays listed for Japanese so I think you're safe enough :)

lgrYwEQ.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭Cheerios

Thank you for your reply spurious!

I will be sure to check the site tomorrow, I've been trying all day but to no avail. However, I have checked that site many times in the past for my Japanese and I have never seen a list of role-plays on there.

Just seen your reply there. Thank you Magnate! I have visited that site many times and I've never seen role-plays listed on that page either. I have no idea why the curriculum would say there are role-plays when there aren't any. D:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

The oral definitely only consists of the general conversation, the picture description, and the topic you choose from the card. No roleplay.

• Advertisement

Thank you very much, emersyn! I'm so relieved now! I was freaking out so much earlier.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Advertisement