Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile BB sim in a phone - vodafone?

Options
  • 19-04-2015 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Hi, I know a similer thing may have been asked before.

I have a vodafone broadband mifi contract. I do not usae it very much, but can't cancel it (can I?) I got if for the 4g, but it is pretty useless in obtaining a 4g signal when I actuially do want to use it.

Could I fit the mobile BB sim into a (sim - free) phone and use it? will the calls register as data? or a mix of data (using voice and mobile data - setting the phone to work as a mifi).

OR would vodafone accept a change in use or contract for the remaining part of the contract - like convert the contract from a mobile broadband contract to a sim only contract for voice and data? (I would have my own phone to fit the sim only into)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

dc99 wrote: »
    Hi, I know a similer thing may have been asked before.

I have a vodafone broadband mifi contract. I do not usae it very much, but can't cancel it (can I?) I got if for the 4g, but it is pretty useless in obtaining a 4g signal when I actuially do want to use it.

Could I fit the mobile BB sim into a (sim - free) phone and use it? will the calls register as data? or a mix of data (using voice and mobile data - setting the phone to work as a mifi).

OR would vodafone accept a change in use or contract for the remaining part of the contract - like convert the contract from a mobile broadband contract to a sim only contract for voice and data? (I would have my own phone to fit the sim only into)?

You could try their Talk To Forum and see what they say, but I'd say you'll need a new SIM and contract.

I bought a 4G/broadband only SIM recently on meteor that I used for a week while I was waiting on my fibre to be installed. I was intending to use it on an unlocked modem but it didn't work so I stuck it into an unlocked 4G handset instead.

Worked fine but the ability to make/receive calls is not active so that's why I think you'll need a new SIM either way

Advertisement