Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staying in University of Toronto accommodation

Options
  • 19-04-2015 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Three of my friends and I are planning to move to Toronto for the summer and I've been doing a bit of looking into staying in UoT student accommodation. It seems like a really attractive option as it would cover our bills, wifi, air con, safe and secure, etc. but was wondering if anyone has any experience with it or has heard anything about it, pros and cons, etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭TheNibbler

Three of my friends and I are planning to move to Toronto for the summer and I've been doing a bit of looking into staying in UoT student accommodation. It seems like a really attractive option as it would cover our bills, wifi, air con, safe and secure, etc. but was wondering if anyone has any experience with it or has heard anything about it, pros and cons, etc?

Stayed there about 8 years ago with a group of friends while working in Toronto for the summer. Was fine, no problems. However, other friends stayed in Ryerson accommodation (another uni in Toronto) and it was much better. Location was better, nearer waterfront and the set up was more apartment style (4/5 bedrooms with a shared living room/kitchen and bathrooms) than UofT which was more hotel/hostel style (Long corridors with lots of single/double rooms leading off them and large shower rooms/toilets on every floor).

Not sure if Ryerson is an option anymore but if it is I'd go with it. Otherwise UofT is fine.

Advertisement