Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can voip be used for residential?

Options
  • 19-04-2015 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

ive a land line, in the house, eircom,

i guess the min phone bill is 40 a month, and then paying 15/20 for internet on dongle,

current DL speeds, is about 10MB, and upload is about 1.6 MB.

i was thinking of looking at voip, as i use it at work, and when I work from home it works great.

how do I get one for home only, who provides the number? can i keep my own number mayby?

am i talking crap here, or do people have them in there homes at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cargen

P_Cash wrote:
    how do I get one for home only, who provides the number? can i keep my own number mayby?

I use blueface and I found it reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭P_Cash

can you keep existing landline number? or do they give you a new number,

how much a month are you paying, and is there a talk pack with that? i assume unlimited.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

P_Cash wrote: »
    can you keep existing landline number? or do they give you a new number,

how much a month are you paying, and is there a talk pack with that? i assume unlimited.

Yes you can keep your number.

Blueface they don't have Residential plans any longer online, they concentrate on business, maybe send them a mail and ask. I pay €99 a year for 300 minutes of calls per month to landlines In Ireland and most/all EU countries.

Another provider is Goldfish, a good few people are with them.

Check the sticky for more options

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

And dont forget Vomino They will give you a free trail...I think its for a month. They charge €99 a year for all landline calls within EU/US/Oz/NZ. Look for one called [Flexi Standard – (V_0302)]

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Mylow wrote: »
    And dont forget Vomino They will give you a free trail...I think its for a month. They charge €99 a year for all landline calls within EU/US/Oz/NZ. Look for one called [Flexi Standard – (V_0302)]

How could I take them seriously when this is on their front page?
    Vomino innovated VOIP phone technology to become the only VOIP Ireland now relies on that is free from your computer to make calls using a regular handset. You read it right! NO COMPUTER!

I wonder what we have all been doing wrong that we have been able to make such VOIP calls without ever even hearing of Vomino?

Their prices are also a lot higher than I pay ....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Welcome to Vomino, A Mobile Landline® where you make cheap calls to any landline, mobile or internet phone worldwide. Vomino innovated VOIP phone technology to become the only VOIP Ireland now relies on that is free from your computer to make calls using a regular handset. You read it right! NO COMPUTER!

OK- that whole thing a lie.

Folks, Stay away from that crowd. Seriously, if you want a phone service that is going to be reliable and where you have backup, go with some other provider. The videos don't look legit and if it appears to be too good to be true, it probably is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Mr. G wrote: »

Folks, Stay away from that crowd
    . Seriously, if you want a phone service that is going to be reliable and where you have backup, go with some other provider. The videos don't look legit and if it appears to be too good to be true, it probably is.

bit much isn't it ?

on comreg n all like :

http://www.comreg.ie/licensing_and_services/temetel_limited.551.837.987.details.html

http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Temetel-Limited-454908

gctest50 wrote: »

Still misleading consumers from their homepage. They're just not professional. That a my own opinion on it. I don't work for them or any of their competitors if it makes any difference.

gctest50 wrote: »
    bit much isn't it ?

Not when the home page is deliberately misleading and erroneous.

Do you advise people to deal with companies who deliberately put up untruths on their home page?

I most definitely would not.

Not when the home page is deliberately misleading and erroneous.

Do you advise people to deal with companies who deliberately put up untruths on their home page?

I most definitely would not.

What was the untruth?

Everyone seems to knock Vomino. I dont have sub with them or any connection. I just thought they were very cheap for anyone looking to make substantial number of calls to EU countries. I was with blueface, just stick with betamax providers now, generally €10 credit (€12.70 inc vat + paypal fees) last me 3 months or more.

I have posted about this crowd before (http://paplepekim.lt/) I set-up a Lithuanian number 12 moths ago works a treat diverting to SIP account with ippi.fr They charge €3.50 set-up then €1.43 per month all inclusive for most numbers, including Irish ones. They appear to be a reseller for DID Numbers

• Advertisement

What was the untruth?

Everyone seems to knock Vomino. I dont have sub with them or any connection. I just thought they were very cheap for anyone looking to make substantial number of calls to EU countries. I was with blueface, just stick with betamax providers now, generally €10 credit (€12.70 inc vat + paypal fees) last me 3 months or more.

I have posted about this crowd before (http://paplepekim.lt/) I set-up a Lithuanian number 12 moths ago works a treat diverting to SIP account with ippi.fr They charge €3.50 set-up then €1.43 per month all inclusive for most numbers, including Irish ones. They appear to be a reseller for DID Numbers

The highlighted bits are all misleading and incorrect.

• Vomino cannot be used in some countries where VoIP is blocked, e.g. UAE
    • Vomino did not innovate or invent VoIP technology
    • Vomino are not the first provider in Ireland that is "free from your computer...to make calls from your handset".
    • Terminology is totally inaccurate.
    • It is not their leading edge technology, SIP/freeswitch/asterisk (which they use) was not developed by them.

348831.JPG

Mr. G wrote: »
    The highlighted bits are all misleading and incorrect.

• Vomino cannot be used in some countries where VoIP is blocked, e.g. UAE
    • Vomino did not innovate or invent VoIP technology
    • Vomino are not the first provider in Ireland that is "free from your computer...to make calls from your handset".
    • Terminology is totally inaccurate.
    • It is not their leading edge technology, SIP/freeswitch/asterisk (which they use) was not developed by them.

348831.JPG

I think you're being a bit tough on them. I don't see of any of the major players telling you about VOIP being blocked in UAE or China. I think its bad wording, should say "vomino make use of innovative VOIP technology". Could change the first part to say "Vomino are the first VOIP provider in Ireland to offer a 30 day free trial". They have been going a few years now and haven't heard of anyone complaining that Vomino ran off with their money.

It would actually be good to hear from a number of people who have actually used the service for 6+ months. Its obvious they are running on a tight budget, no real investment in website etc. I feel sorry for anyone trying to genuinely offer a reasonable service in Ireland. People are very quick to pick holes in the service, but not look at the overall picture.

That will be my last comment on this thread.

I think you're being a bit tough on them. I don't see of any of the major players telling you about VOIP being blocked in UAE or China. I think its bad wording, should say "vomino make use of innovative VOIP technology". Could change the first part to say "Vomino are the first VOIP provider in Ireland to offer a 30 day free trial". They have been going a few years now and haven't heard of anyone complaining that Vomino ran off with their money.

It would actually be good to hear from a number of people who have actually used the service for 6+ months. Its obvious they are running on a tight budget, no real investment in website etc. I feel sorry for anyone trying to genuinely offer a reasonable service in Ireland. People are very quick to pick holes in the service, but not look at the overall picture.

That will be my last comment on this thread.

Their web page is the way they inform potential customers.

There is mis-information on that web page.

That is Vomino's doing ...... they chose to mis-inform their potential customers.

Why would anyone be surprised that they get called out on that?

If Eircom/BT/other did it, they would get the same treatment.

Making false claims on their web page should never be tolerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Find it very hard to believe mylow isn't a shill.

Please don't take this the wrong way but please report a post if you see an issue with it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 coolcreen

Relating to the VOIP service provided by Vomino and it's misleading website information, I think that it is largely correct. I cannot find another VOIP supplier that will provide every customer with a phone adapter, fully configured to match their system. In configuring it, they take into account the make and model of the customers router and his/her broadband supplier. It is therefore custom configured and this is done for all their customers. It is therefore plug and play when it arrives. That, I believe is the reason that they say that a computer in unnecessary. While a computer is not needed to provide the phone service, it may be needed to configure the phone or ATA adapter.

I have just signed up with Vomino and will report back on the quality of service in a few months time

• Registered Users Posts: 8 andun

Hi Coolcreen how did you get on with Vomino?

Advertisement