Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard drive.

Options
  • 19-04-2015 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi All, Iv'e a 120 gb ssd that seems to be filling up of its own accord over time.
    I've been through everything I can think of to release disk space. I'm at the point where all that's left is the OS, Photoshop and Lightroom + some other small programs. Iv'e run CCleaner on it and I've roughly 12gb free. I'm thinking it should be around 40gb free. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You might check the Configure button on the System Protection tab of Computer->system Properties->Advanced System Settings, if you are using Vista or Win7. Shadow Volume copies can drain free space if you're doing a lot of Photoshop editing. Also delete old restore points with Ccleaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

http://download.cnet.com/TreeSize-Free/3000-2248_4-10139400.html

Scan the drive with that, will point you towards the culprit.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭almorris

ED E wrote: »
    http://download.cnet.com/TreeSize-Free/3000-2248_4-10139400.html

Scan the drive with that, will point you towards the culprit.

Thank you my friend. I just retrieved 75gb of storage by purging the cache in Adobe Raw. See the post above yours re Photoshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Great to hear. Gotta keep on top of those smaller SSDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭almorris

ED E wrote: »
    Great to hear. Gotta keep on top of those smaller SSDs.

Annoying thing thing is I just bought a 250gb ssd to alleviate my space problems. Now I have deluge of disk space.

• Advertisement
Advertisement