Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to look for rented accomodation

• 19-04-2015 8:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭

As the title says, what websites are good for accommodation for one guy, nothing fancy, the keyword here being reasonable above all else.
    All I can see is property at at least €1k a month or saying "Students and for the summer months Only!".
    If it was a bit outside the city, rural, doesn't have to be a palace, something that would suit a tinkerer, some sheds, that would be great.
    What rent am I looking at? You can guess that I am not familiar with the rental market and that I am in the process of moving out/getting tossed out.

Comments

Jesus Dr fuzz I'm looking myself at the moment. The market has changed big time since the last time I was looking late 2013. Seems to be feck all at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I'll check at work tomorrow, will post up anything I find.
    It seems to be either Students Only for about 200-300 a month (sharing a dilapidated 70's semi-D with 4-5 smelly students? No thanks!) or apartments for a minimum of €1000 a month.

I'll check at work tomorrow, will post up anything I find.
    It seems to be either Students Only for about 200-300 a month (sharing a dilapidated 70's semi-D with 4-5 smelly students? No thanks!) or apartments for a minimum of €1000 a month.

Exactly. Not one bit appealing. Bloody celtic tiger 2.0 :P

Does the Limerick post still advertise places for rent or is that too 2004?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I never look beyond daft. Market is bonkers now. Sorry to hear the circumstances doc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Sorry. 1000 per month?? You're kidding right? I'm paying 700 for a 3 bed house on the NCR, unfurnished. Is my landlord going to double it one of these days?

• Advertisement

Okay I had a look. Everything under 700 is scummy. Don't ever move into steamboat quay! It's a ghetto.

I did see a few reasonable apartments/houses for around 850.

Thanks, I will have to check if I can afford to move out at all, I'm paying a mortgage and I can't afford to pay half my mortgage plus those kinds of rents.
    I might have to stay put where I am, sell the house, split it with herself and buy something else.
    Even 700 is quite tricky, maybe if I quit eating I can do it.

Sorry to hear about your situation Dr fuzz

Thanks, I will have to check if I can afford to move out at all, I'm paying a mortgage and I can't afford to pay half my mortgage plus those kinds of rents.
    I might have to stay put where I am, sell the house, split it with herself and buy something else.
    Even 700 is quite tricky, maybe if I quit eating I can do it.
    Yeah sorry to hear. How come it's always the man that has move out and still pay the mortgage!!

• Advertisement

How about this?
    http://www.daft.ie/sharing/22-rathmore-churchill-meadows-raheen-limerick/815811/

House share but with other professionals. Looks pretty nice too. (Might want to ask them the change the wallpaper!)

How about this?
    http://www.daft.ie/sharing/22-rathmore-churchill-meadows-raheen-limerick/815811/

House share but with other professionals. Looks pretty nice too. (Might want to ask them the change the wallpaper!)

Ha! That could lead to a very awkward living situation. Its owner occupied!

Ha! That could lead to a very awkward living situation. Its owner occupied!

Just walk in and say "Jesus, what a dump, lets' trash this place"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Dr. €1000 appears to be a minimum rent in current market.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I'll be working in Castletroy from the start of June till the new year for work. Any ideas of the best places for me to look to stay? I would just be paying for a room and not a house. I wouldn't have a clue of the area at all bar the golf courses.

I am based in Cahir so could drive up and down but I feel that would take its toll sooner rather than later.

Thanls

I was thinking to rent with friends of mine. All victims of dragon women. We would form Ahab, Abused Husbands and Boyfriends. Nothing I can do for now, so staying in the doghouse. But at least its my doghouse. Don't think I could bear to rent.

Dr. €1000 appears to be a minimum rent in current market.......
    Definitely see properties for less than that. I would say 800 not 1000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

I was thinking to rent with friends of mine. All victims of dragon women. We would form Ahab, Abused Husbands and Boyfriends. Nothing I can do for now, so staying in the doghouse. But at least its my doghouse. Don't think I could bear to rent.

Be careful out there! There are a lot of dragons out there...

Advertisement