Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efibre Dromod

Options
  • 19-04-2015 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

Hi, I wonder could you please help me? First of all I do not want to hear about the efibre map being for general information only. I know all that.

I originally signed up with eircom in 2013. Nothing but problems on the line and only recently have got a stable connection. When I signed up I was told that I would be upgraded to efibre within the first 6 months of 2014. This never happened. I waited and waited as the efibre map was pushed back every month like a carrot in front of our faces. Then we see activity in the area and an eircom rep knocked on my door 6 or seven weeks ago to tell me that efibre was going live down the road in one estate and my house would be live in 4 weeks. This never happend and now dromod has dropped off the map. It was confirmed to me that I am not directly fed and will be able to get efibre.

Can you please give me a date when the second cabinet in dromod will be live? It does not have to be an exact date but let us know that we still exist for eircom and that we will appear back on the map.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi, I wonder could you please help me? First of all I do not want to hear about the efibre map being for general information only. I know all that.

I originally signed up with eircom in 2013. Nothing but problems on the line and only recently have got a stable connection. When I signed up I was told that I would be upgraded to efibre within the first 6 months of 2014. This never happened. I waited and waited as the efibre map was pushed back every month like a carrot in front of our faces. Then we see activity in the area and an eircom rep knocked on my door 6 or seven weeks ago to tell me that efibre was going live down the road in one estate and my house would be live in 4 weeks. This never happend and now dromod has dropped off the map. It was confirmed to me that I am not directly fed and will be able to get efibre.

Can you please give me a date when the second cabinet in dromod will be live? It does not have to be an exact date but let us know that we still exist for eircom and that we will appear back on the map.

Thanks
    Hi Forest Demon

The next cabinet due for completion in Dromod is RUY_002 (can be found by clicking on NGA fibre broadband network here: http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/) There is no specific date arranged for launch yet but I've discussed this with Network planning who feel it should launch towards an August/September time-frame.

Thanks
    Al

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

kbannon wrote: »
    Thanks for that kbannon

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Thank you for giving me an actual indication of a timeframe. I appreciate it. Hopefully it will happen sooner then August but at least I have an idea now.

Thank you for giving me an actual indication of a timeframe. I appreciate it. Hopefully it will happen sooner then August but at least I have an idea now.
    No worries at all Forest Demon

Just to note that is only an indication and the dates are always subject to change.

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement

I know that thanks. Delay and disappointment I know well. It was the hope that your rep gave me when he knocked that confused me. Back to normal now. At least my connection stays up long enough to reply at the moment. For the first year and a half with Eircom it was not the case. :)

Anyway thanks again for at least making the effort and trying to get information and giving it to me.

I know that thanks. Delay and disappointment I know well. It was the hope that your rep gave me when he knocked that confused me. Back to normal now. At least my connection stays up long enough to reply at the moment. For the first year and a half with Eircom it was not the case. :)

Anyway thanks again for at least making the effort and trying to get information and giving it to me.
    You're more than welcome Forest Demon - Apologies for the false expectations previously offered by the sales Rep.

Cheers
    Al

I see people working on the cabinet in Dromod. Any update on the completion date. ESB seemed to run power to the new cabinet last week.

Also can you confirm something for me please? My current line attenuation down is 45db and I am on DSL (not NGB). This is shown estimated as about 3km from exchange. I am however only 500m from the new fibre cabinet beside my old one. Am I correct in saying that it is the distance to the cabinet rather then the exchange that counts with fibre as opposed to DSL. Will my line stats also change with fibre? Can I expect better pings etc?

Many thanks

I see people working on the cabinet in Dromod. Any update on the completion date. ESB seemed to run power to the new cabinet last week.

Also can you confirm something for me please? My current line attenuation down is 45db and I am on DSL (not NGB). This is shown estimated as about 3km from exchange. I am however only 500m from the new fibre cabinet beside my old one. Am I correct in saying that it is the distance to the cabinet rather then the exchange that counts with fibre as opposed to DSL. Will my line stats also change with fibre? Can I expect better pings etc?

Many thanks
    Hi Forest Demon

Completion works are certainly ongoing and it looks like we should have a launch date for this cabinet within the next 4 to 6 weeks. Unfortunately there is no launch agreed yet but it's very close to being agreed upon.

Cheers
    AL

Thank you. It looks like an end is in sight :)

Can you answer the second part of my question re cabinet vs exchange distance when it's enabled. At the moment it says I am 3km from exchange but I am 500m from cabinet. When fibre is enabled will my distance and line stats be to the cabinet or exchange? We are on bog standard DSL at the moment. Will I get a double boost with the cabinet being close and fibre running from there to the exchange or is it copper from the cabinet to the exchange?

• Advertisement

Thank you. It looks like an end is in sight :)

Can you answer the second part of my question re cabinet vs exchange distance when it's enabled. At the moment it says I am 3km from exchange but I am 500m from cabinet. When fibre is enabled will my distance and line stats be to the cabinet or exchange? We are on bog standard DSL at the moment. Will I get a double boost with the cabinet being close and fibre running from there to the exchange or is it copper from the cabinet to the exchange?
    No worries Forest Demon - sorry I missed the second part.

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]efibre (VDSL) cabinets which serve a max range of 2KM on a defined route - rather unlike normal broadband where lines connected to the exchange within a approx 5Km range can avail of broadband.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]The distance from the cabinet is what counts in relation to efibre (That's good news because the distance from the exchange has no bearings) and if your line is in a 500 meters distance I would be fairly confident you would get very close to up to 100Mb speeds :)Ultimately I can't advise for sure until the cab launches but it does look good for you based on what you've mentioned so far.[/font]

Cheers

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Al
    [/font]

:D

:D
    Cheers Forest Demon - get back to me in the next couple of weeks and hopefully I'll have good news for you

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al. Will do.

Thanks Al. Will do.
    You're welcome Forest Demon

AL

Well Al, give me that good news please :)

Any date yet? 

Well Al, give me that good news please :)

Any date yet? 
    Hi Forest Demon

Unfortunately there is no specific date confirmed yet but indications suggest it should be the 24th of June - although this is purely indicative at this stage. I'll keep my eye on this for you forest demon..

Cheers
    Al

Thanks for update.

Thanks for update.
    No problem Forest Demon

Cheers
    AL

Al, Any further news? Is the 24th still a possibility? Thanks 

• Advertisement

Al, it's the 22nd now. Is there any update on the date for my cabinet in Dromod. You previously said the 24th (indicative).

Cheers

Al, it's the 22nd now. Is there any update on the date for my cabinet in Dromod. You previously said the 24th (indicative).

Cheers
    Hi Forest demon,

I'm sorry to confirm that the cabinet is still not complete & more finalising works are still required. Operations cannot give me a date to offer you and unfortunately the date I had previously indicated will certainly be exceeded. 

Apologies for this Forest Demon, I have no intention to offer false hope or misleading info - I'll definitely keep my eye on this for you though.

Cheers
    Al

Alan, 

thank you for coming back to me. Your communication is excellent and you are doing a great job. 

Eircom however are not doing themselves any favours with the endless delays and lack of commitments regarding future works. This has been going on for a long time and the most frustrating part is that Eircom do not give details of the works they are carrying out and the timeframes for completion. Whilst I understand that this works for operations as they cannot be held accountable regarding a program of works I can tell you from a customer experience point of view it only results in frustration and a lack of trust. Your sales and marketing managers need to be aware that these endless delays and convenient lack of commitment from Eircom operations will lead to people taking their business elsewhere at the soonest opportunity. It's not the date slipping that annoys me but the lack of a future date for completion.

Thanks again for the update. I know you can only tell me what you know regarding the situation. I also appreciate you keeping an eye on the situation. Do you know if we are talking about a delay of days, weeks, months or years? Or is there actually a plan at all regarding the cabinet?

Cheers

Alan, 

thank you for coming back to me. Your communication is excellent and you are doing a great job. 

Eircom however are not doing themselves any favours with the endless delays and lack of commitments regarding future works. This has been going on for a long time and the most frustrating part is that Eircom do not give details of the works they are carrying out and the timeframes for completion. Whilst I understand that this works for operations as they cannot be held accountable regarding a program of works I can tell you from a customer experience point of view it only results in frustration and a lack of trust. Your sales and marketing managers need to be aware that these endless delays and convenient lack of commitment from Eircom operations will lead to people taking their business elsewhere at the soonest opportunity. It's not the date slipping that annoys me but the lack of a future date for completion.

Thanks again for the update. I know you can only tell me what you know regarding the situation. I also appreciate you keeping an eye on the situation. Do you know if we are talking about a delay of days, weeks, months or years? Or is there actually a plan at all regarding the cabinet?

Cheers
    No worries Forest Demon

I understand your views on this and I'm sorry I can't offer you better news right now.

In terms of delays it's impossible to say but one thing is for sure it definitely will be this year and hopefully sooner rather than later.

Thanks

Al

Thanks for coming back to me. I am dissapointed with the timeframe indicated but there is nothing I can do as there is no alternative options in the area so I will just have to wait.

Thanks for coming back to me. I am dissapointed with the timeframe indicated but there is nothing I can do as there is no alternative options in the area so I will just have to wait.
    Thanks for your understanding Forest Demon - I do genuinely wish I could offer you better news sometimes and I do look forward to the day I can.

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement