Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing in the Midlands

• 19-04-2015 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any suggestions on good places to fish in the Midlands? I haven't fished since I was 10, (37 now) and I am looking for good places to go with my nephew and daughter. We have tried a few local rivers, the Figile in Bracknagh and the Barrow near Mountmellick with no joy except for my daughter the jammy git, who caught two small trout on her first day out with us.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

What gear are you using and what species are you targeting?

Asking for fishing locations in the forum dont usually yeild results and people with knowledge usually keep it to themselves, due to poaching and people not adhering to catch and release in what used to be good fishing haunts.

Im not saying you would not release any fish you catch, but on an internet form, theres just no way of knowing, or who else may read the information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    What gear are you using and what species are you targeting?

Asking for fishing locations in the forum dont usually yeild results and people with knowledge usually keep it to themselves, due to poaching and people not adhering to catch and release in what used to be good fishing haunts.

Im not saying you would not release any fish you catch, but on an internet form, theres just no way of knowing, or who else may read the information.

It was for the kids really. They'd be delighted to catch anything, the little ones trout she watched swim away. She was terrified to hold it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

She was terrified of holding it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭chrisb1

Try the canal if close to you there is plenty to fish for roach perch pike bream rudd eels one or two brown trout and rainbow trout

• Advertisement
Advertisement