Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 186 - Johnson vs Horiguchi

• 19-04-2015 9:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

8ad56e1d9d6a2044d994e7a666f003d7.png

Date: Saturday 25th/Sunday 26th April
    Times: Early Prelims (11:30pm, Fight pass), Prelims (1am, BT Sport 1), Main Card (3am, BT Sport 1)
    Venue: Bell Centre, Montreal, Canada
    Odds: Johnson (1/6) vs Horiguchi (5/1)

Who Will Win The Main Event? 32 votes

Johnson via KO/TKO
    0%
    Johnson via Decision
    18%
    3hn2givr7mx1scsmilerfPaully Dakelly02fermanagh_manPaul.k.b.90 6 votes
    Johnson via Submission
    37%
    HerculemailburnerpaulieeyeHokiDancorHazyskearneybobsstiffler123Zymurgistdilapidatingdickwod1TimRiggins 12 votes
    Horiguchi via KO/TKO
    34%
    slicus ricusPride Fightercallaway92Axwell[Deleted User]seiphilK3vRob01martyos121Wrongway1985johnpro 11 votes
    Horiguchi via Decision
    9%
    EuskalHerriabennyl10nocoverart 3 votes
    Horiguchi via Submission
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

This is such a terrible card it breaks my heart. Looking forward to Ais & Bisping winning though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

Johnson via Submission
    Possibly the worst PPV of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

even though mighty mouse is champion , am i the only 1 who doesn't give 2 hoots if he was even on fightpass let alone main card ?

bisping and daly only 2 id watch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Jaysus, those first three fights on the main card wouldn't look out of place on the Prelims of a fox sports one card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Grim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Woeful card and Ais is on that fecking fight pass again and that's the only fight I even want to watch! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I haven't heard of half of the guys on the main card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Even with Rampage it would still be terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nice, Ais fight at a reasonable hour and then off to bed I go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Nice, Ais fight at a reasonable hour and then off to bed I go.

Sure why not watch the rest of the card i f you're looking for a good sleep?

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Sure why not watch the rest of the card i f you're looking for a good sleep?

4386025-i-see-what-you-did-there-rage-face-meme.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Possibly the worst PPV of all time.

Yeah, It'll surely do pathetic numbers. Potential lowest ever for MM.
    And a far cry from his last without the bonus of Cerrone, Alvarez and McGregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

If it wasn't for Ais or Bisping, I wouldn't cross the street to watch this. Awful

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭SeanFrank

Yeah this won't sell PPVs at all because there are few names on the card.

The fights themselves though look like they could deliver. Some interesting matchups in there and a couple of wrecking machines like Maldonado, Cote and AM.

MM fights are never more than mildly interesting though, and this one's a gimme.

SeanFrank wrote: »
    MM fights are never more than mildly interesting though, and this one's a gimme.
    They are never really exciting, but he is very good to watch from a technical point of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I do enjoy watching Mighty Mouse but I just can't get excited for his fights. I guess it's not his fault that there is no real contenders for him at the moment.

I do like Maldonado but without Rampage against him, I fear this will be an absolute mis-match.

Obviously looking forward to seeing how Ais gets on but that's it.

Rampage has posted on Instagram that his fight is back on for UFC 186

Daly and Randa opening this card makes no sense, with Jo Jo out of title contention, either of these fighters could be 1 or 2 fights away from a title shot, nobody else on the card with the exception of the Davis vs Kaufman fight and the Main and co main are ranked. 100% should be at least headlining the prelims if not on the main card.

dulux99 wrote: »

Could UFC 186 be saved?

ps3man wrote: »
    Could UFC 186 be saved?

Not a hope it's still a terrible card two over the hill LHWs won't save it ....

• Advertisement

Could UFC 186 be saved?

Nah not a chance. Rampage Jackson is hardly box office. Remember his pathetic showings against Glover and and Ryan Bader. He's not been explosive and entertaining in years. I'll give it three months until he's publicly fighting with the UFC again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Johnson via Submission

Story here ... http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/4/21/8464375/is-quinton-jackson-back-on-ufc-186

Daly and Randa opening this card makes no sense, with Jo Jo out of title contention, either of these fighters could be 1 or 2 fights away from a title shot, nobody else on the card with the exception of the Davis vs Kaufman fight and the Main and co main are ranked. 100% should be at least headlining the prelims if not on the main card.
    As much as I'm behind a push for Ais, I'd have to disagree with the above.

The strawweights are new and a small division, it's hasn't built up much steam yet.
    There's only 24 fighters, most have had 1 fight. Other than the champ and Paige, the rest are 1-1.
    So, basically the whole division is 2 wins away from contention. The winner of this match will jump to the top, but right now Ais or Randa are lost in the pack.

Rampage vs Maldonado is now a catch weight of 215lbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Rampage vs Maldonado is now a catch weight of 215lbs

So rampage just totally gave up on possibly being able to fight then. I think that shows up his unprofessional behaviour

Beersmith wrote: »
    So rampage just totally gave up on possibly being able to fight then. I think that shows up his unprofessional behaviour

Yeah he's a joke. He must have had some idea that there was a possibility that the fight could be back on.

Yeah he's a joke. He must have had some idea that there was a possibility that the fight could be back on.

He said he kept training ...... Clearly he was training to miss weight.

What part is unprofessional exactly?
    Rampage cuts weight to make 205. At a guess he cuts 20lbs. He probably needs 7 days to make the cut. The injunction was only overturned with 2 or 3 days to go. He simply doesn't have the time to safely cut to 205.

Sure he could have made the cut anyway, but it's a horrible process and I wouldn't slate him for not doing it when there was an court injunction against him in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Because obviously they were still fighting to get him on the card. They must have known he had a chance of fighting. We have all seen before how unmotivated he has been in the past.

You have on the flip side rockhold keeping training and his weight down in case of a pull out for a title shot.

• Advertisement

Because obviously they were still fighting to get him on the card. They must have known he had a chance of fighting. We have all seen before how unmotivated he has been in the past.

You have on the flip side rockhold keeping training and his weight down in case of a pull out for a title shot.
    There was a chance the fight would go ahead obviously. I thought it was very small one, and was pretty shocked when they over turned it.

Rampage knew he might be fighting which is why he kept training for it. It's not like he has gotten out of shape.
    The Rockhold example makes no sense tbh. Staying in shape in case a spot opens, does not mean he can get to 185 in two days, he'd still need a week to cut weight.

Staying in shape and cutting weight are two different processes.
    As I said Rampage could have cut the weight on a whim, but it's a bit much without anything at stake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Johnson via Submission
    Episode 1 embedded ...

Both Ais and Randa weighed in at 116. Cmon Ais!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

What time is Ais's fight on at for us ? Want to make sure I don't miss it :)

Amazingfun wrote: »
    What time is Ais's fight on at for us ? Want to make sure I don't miss it :)

I think around 11.30 tonight. I believe they are the first fight?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I think around 11.30 tonight. I believe they are the first fight?

Id say put it on around 11 to be safe, maybe slightly before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭pauldoo

Mellor wrote: »
    There was a chance the fight would go ahead obviously. I thought it was very small one, and was pretty shocked when they over turned it.

Rampage knew he might be fighting which is why he kept training for it. It's not like he has gotten out of shape.
    The Rockhold example makes no sense tbh. Staying in shape in case a spot opens, does not mean he can get to 185 in two days, he'd still need a week to cut weight.

Staying in shape and cutting weight are two different processes.
    As I said Rampage could have cut the weight on a whim, but it's a bit much without anything at stake.

I see what your saying but I think he should have been preparing to fight. He obviously knew the day of the hearing and must have known he had a decent chance of the overturning the injunction. He should have waited for the decision before deciding not to cut weight

That said, he could have made the decision with the UFC, I didn't read he's giving up a percentage of his purse. Say 20% of rampages purse would be big bucks for fabio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Johnson via Submission
    ASOT wrote: »
    Id say put it on around 11 to be safe, maybe slightly before.

The fight pass prelims start at 11:30 and shes first on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Anyone help me out? :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Anyone help me out? :-)

done

tinpib wrote: »
    done

Has it started yet?

edit: I see it hasn't. Hope Ash can get a W here.

• Advertisement

Here we go!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

tinpib wrote: »
    done

Arrggghh. Doesn't appear to be working :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Has it started yet?

edit: I see it hasn't. Hope Ash can get a W here.

I want her to win so badly but Randa is very tough.....good luck Ais!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Has it started? My stream is only showing some guys talking about mma

I'm seeing Randa walk in at the moment. Ais already in the Octagon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Like both of these women, two of the few who weren't acting like complete cnuts on TUF20

Man, not looking good, Randa sparking her already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Johnson via Submission
    Has it started? My stream is only showing some guys talking about mma

if not seeing it check pm now

Huge escape from Ais

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Johnson via Submission
    not good

not sure how she turns this around