Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi problem

Options
  • 19-04-2015 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy. Our UPC Internet was on the blink today so I restarted the router using a pin and also also pressed the button on the side (which I think turns the wifi on and off?).

However, now the connection isn't showing up on any of our devices. All the lights are on but the connection is nowhere to be seen.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Tusky wrote: »
    Howdy. Our UPC Internet was on the blink today so I restarted the router using a pin and also also pressed the button on the side (which I think turns the wifi on and off?).

However, now the connection isn't showing up on any of our devices. All the lights are on but the connection is nowhere to be seen.

Any ideas?

First thing I'd do is connect to the router with an Ethernet cable and see if that works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭Virgin Media: Brian

Tusky wrote: »

Any ideas?

Hi Tusky,

The button on the side would most likely be a WPS button, this wouldn't disable the wireless connection at all and is really only used for WPS devices connecting.

If you look under the modem there should be a sticker with the default network name and password, if this is not shown on your available networks list just PM UPC: Reps with your account details and we can check into this with you.

Thanks.

Advertisement