Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Recommend me a wireless alarm

• 19-04-2015 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

Looking for recommendations for a wireless alarm.

We bought a 2 storey house which was built in 1986. Its wired for alarm downstairs cables running on surface of walls no wires upstairs.

4 external entrance doors

10 ground floor windows

6 1st floor windows

3 velux { 2 ground floor, 1 1st floor}

Garage attached.

What would be the way to go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Sequence 365

I would recommend GSD equipment to you .
    Very reliable we have lots of them installed . You can have wired & wireless , pstn modem , gsm modem ,
    Free App
    No yearly charge for App

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Risco, Siemens or GSD are all good systems with free apps , free remote access & no annual subscriptions.
    Some good info here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057394782

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

I'd go with HKC or GSD. HKC have a huge chunk of the Irish market and have been manufacturing and designing security systems for 20 years here in Irelend. GSD have been involved in access control for a good few years and are also Irish.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A point to note, when it comes to wireless HKC are the last entrants into the market out of all the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

Cheers for the info.

just had Boxer alarms out so hes getting me a quote for a
    hkc 1070 gsm unit.

is there anyone else i could get a quote from im in portlaoise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Cheers for the info.

just had Boxer alarms out so hes getting me a quote for a
    hkc 1070 gsm unit.

is there anyone else i could get a quote from im in portlaoise?

Ask about the WiFi card too. Two comunication paths are better then one. Did he or she give you a demo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dubpeter

Mod edit.

Removed this as the poster has very few posts and it appears as advertising

Most companies travel or have engineers based around the country .

Look at all different panels & work out what is the best running cost for you .

Quote came back at €1850

8 beams
    4 shock sensors and contacts on doors
    Key fob
    2 control panel keypads
    Gsm voice panel €7 per month
    Bell box with strobe light
    Internal siren.

Is that a good price

Expensive for a trap system without enough perimeter protection. The €7 per month is expensive also. What's that for?
    What system was specified?

• Advertisement

Hkc 1070
    All wireless

€7 per month ia for the system to send voice message to notify if system had been set off

So that's not even for the app and remote access??
    Look around at a few other systems and some other installers. You could use Siemens, GSD or Risco and get free apps and free notifications. Even if you wanted the text or voice alerts you could get a sim for much less than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭altor

Quote came back at €1850

8 beams
    4 shock sensors and contacts on doors
    Key fob
    2 control panel keypads
    Gsm voice panel €7 per month
    Bell box with strobe light
    Internal siren.

Is that a good price

If you are using the cables provided then this is a very high price for what you are getting.
    Using a GSM you should not need to be paying €7 per month unless he is using some sort bill sim. If that is the case then a ready to go sim is the cheaper option.

no cables being used going to be a wireless system

That is very expensive

no cables being used going to be a wireless system

Still too expensive & the monthly charge is way OTT just for text or voice alerts.
    Shop around would be my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gerryp2000

Looking for recommendations for a wireless alarm.

We bought a 2 storey house which was built in 1986. Its wired for alarm downstairs cables running on surface of walls no wires upstairs.

4 external entrance doors

10 ground floor windows

6 1st floor windows

3 velux { 2 ground floor, 1 1st floor}

Garage attached.

What would be the way to go.

I'd go to tradesmen.ie , put up your above spec and have about 4 companies come back to you with their recommendations/quotes.
    You can view previous customer feedback on each of the companies.

I've used that service recently for building work, painting etc and find the whole process quick and easy to use.

Good luck

Cheers will try that website.

• Site Banned Posts: 7 Robp1849210

10/70 is a great alarm so is the risco as a slightly cheaper option and the same performance, you were well overpriced on that alarm i would look around for more prices if i were you

• Site Banned Posts: 7 Robp1849210

forgot to ask, i take it the house doesn't have a landline if you are talking gsm?

• Advertisement
Advertisement