Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs with Board Games

Options
  • 19-04-2015 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Just like the title says, can anyone recommend pubs in Cork that have board games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Off hand Tom Barrys on barrack street has chess and draughts sets for customers. Tom owns bar pigalle next door and Bradleys a bit up the street so they might have them too. If not I'm sure there would be no problem taking a set from one pub to the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Preachers during week nights(fairly sure but not certain)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

haha I knew this was a good idea to do.. I mentioned to say some pub I was in that maybe having a board game night or let it known that gamers were welcome and lets say they said it would be too rough.. I was like really...

Anywho that pub Gallaghers is it I think they have two rooms too for board games

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭nerwen

Yeah Milly, everyone knows how rough of a crowd those boardgamers are! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

The Porterhouse has a few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I know I was looking at them going what do you think they are going to do.. Kill people in the loo with a spanner, daft

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

a few in work here often meet up in a pub and play board games. They bring their own games so perhaps it would make more sense OP to buy your own games and check with the pub that ye can play them there.

I think they play in the Porter House so perhaps Grim_Wreeper you saw them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mytholder

There's a board game night every second Monday in Gallagher's on MacCurtain Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭KatyBob

El Fenix have some and were fairly friendly about playing them too. Lovely table down the back where you could stay and play for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tzarkahn

Cork Action League host game nights regularly.
    https://www.facebook.com/CorkActionLeague?fref=ts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Ashura

I am looking for a pub with go game, do you know one ? Mine is still in France xD

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Ashura wrote: »
    I am looking for a pub with go game, do you know one ? Mine is still in France xD

Get in touch with the Cork Go club about meetups

https://www.facebook.com/corkgoclub

• Registered Users Posts: 29 operagust

Is there a group/pub where people play Catan or Rummy?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bartpabicz

Rising Sons in Cornmarket do Board Game evenings every second Monday

• Site Banned Posts: 137 ✭✭MaryAntoinette

Secrets do monopoly every Tuesday night.

Advertisement