Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bride Help - False eyelashes problem

Options
  • 20-04-2015 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

Hi ladies,

I'm getting married this weekend. I had my make up trial last week and was happy but my make up artist is wary of putting false eyelashes on because I'm wearing contact lenses. She wants me to get lash extensions instead.

I've worn false eyelashes with contact lenses once before and had no problems. I looked into the lash extensions but they're all mink hair and I'm wary of this because I'm allergic to animals! :p Also, just worried I might react to it and the wedding is only a few days away.

Would there be somewhere I could get false eyelashes put on in Dublin Friday morning and they would still be okay for the wedding on Saturday? Should I just insist she go ahead with it? Don't know where to go or what to do!

Any advice much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I wear contacts and had a 'make over' recently for a photo shoot, which included wearing false lashes for the first time. I don't think they were the really big ones, but I had absolutely no problem with them. I left them on overnight as I was going to an event the next day, and while they were definitely a little looser and I had to move one back into position, they were ok. I don't have any photos from the second day, so I don't know whether their imperfectness would show up in photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

I am inclined to agree with her, lash extensions are very gentle on the eyes, they are faux mink although check with your lash extensionsist as there are different varieties, you could get a patch test of one or two lashes a day or two before, although the lash adhesive I use has a 0% reaction rate to this day, also the lashes I use are hypoallergenic so the risk of reaction is extremely minimal- they also look far more natural than cluster/strip/individual(non semi permanent) there is no risk of gaps of you lose a cluster lash as the semi permanent lashes are attached to your own lashes individually! If you want any more info about them I'd be happy to answer if I can!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I would steer clear of strip lashes for the big day as I find that, even the good sets, photograph very fake and shiny. I would definitely opt for extensions, they appear much more natural in person and on camera. You can get them made from mink hair, but they're the more expensive ones that last a lot longer. The ones I use are synthetic hair, but they only last 3-5 days, sometimes a week, and you could pay about €20 for a set in most salons.

Advertisement