Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vantastival 2015

Options
  • 20-04-2015 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi
    My sis & I are going to this event for the first time. I see the festival site is open from 2p.m. on the Friday but what time do people rock up to pitch their tent or park their van?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Glastonut

Usually a large queue when the gates open.

festivalcraic.com

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Dalkeybabe

Glastonut wrote: »
    Usually a large queue when the gates open.

festivalcraic.com

Would you recommend heading down early though or is there any point? We are PT ching a tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Glastonut

Should be ok with a tent, usually plenty of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Citroen2cv

If I were to rock up on sunday morning with a campervan without a ticket, do you think I would be able to get a sunday camping ticket at the enterance/event box office?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Dalkeybabe

As this is our first time going I wouldn't have a clue. Would advise putting up separate post about this issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Dalkeybabe wrote: »
    As this is our first time going I wouldn't have a clue. Would advise putting up separate post about this issue.

Here's some reviews from last year online.

https://www.goldenplec.com/vantastival-2014-friday-review/

https://www.goldenplec.com/live-reviews/vantastival-2014-saturday-review/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Citroen2cv wrote: »
    If I were to rock up on sunday morning with a campervan without a ticket, do you think I would be able to get a sunday camping ticket at the enterance/event box office?

Yea, that should be no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Citroen2cv

Awesome, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shigg

Hi first timer for vantastival with a 2 and 4 year old so will be a totally different music festival for us this time....any tips?? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

shigg wrote: »
    Hi first timer for vantastival with a 2 and 4 year old so will be a totally different music festival for us this time....any tips?? Cheers

weather is to be pretty sh1te so pack plenty of warm clothes, rubber boots etc etc.

they have an area dedicated to kids and family camping so should be sorted on that front.

• Advertisement

I'm feeling for the folk that had to rough this out in tents this weekend, not the best of weather, campervan folk wouldn't get it as bad. I hope it was still a decent weekend for some folk though.

Well, any reports on the first fest this year here, it looks like Sunday wasn't too bad and it dried up a bit.

Hey don't start a thread and not finish it, give us some reports, what was the atmosphere like, the music, the craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kevthecelt

It was a total washout which is a shame. It's a great little festival with a really good vibe but it was hard not to get disheartened a bit with the weather. Some really cool acts that I stumbled across over the weekend. Having access to the house itself was a really nice touch (I pity the owner though!)

GLC were great fun and really got the crowd going but I was pretty disappointed with King Kong Company. Saw them in Galway last year and they were amazing but they didn't really seem to get the crowd going on Saturday night unfortunately. Not sure what happened. Will definitely head back next year (if they decide to have another one!) and pray for better weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Amazing weekend. Once you're down there in the thick of it and you have some beverages to warm the soul the weather doesn't really matter too much. It was pretty grim waking up in the wet and the wind on Saturday morning but spirits were high all weekend it seemed. My parents house is near Dundalk so actually drove there for a bit on Sunday for showers and food which definitely helped lots! Didn't really spend much time in the campsite at all as there were plenty of warmer and sheltered places to be found in the various stages and in the Bellurgan house which was open to the public for the first time this year.

I always find Vantastival to be the friendliest festival of the year and it has a magical atmosphere all weekend long. Some of the musical highlights I caught were Goldie Looking Chain, Bionic Rats, Val Normal, Nix_moon and Beached Whales

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

+1 on amazing weekend, one of my favourite festivals.

Friday was sunny if a bit cold, Saturday a total wash out, Sunday stayed dry most of the time.

highlights for me were Plutonic dust, jinx lennon, king kong company, Bionic rats, cry monster cry, new secret weapon, evil presidents plus about a dozen more.

The bar had 5 craft beers plus 1 craft cider on sale and some English cider in the main house.

Another thing i love about it is the security and staff are so chilled and friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭pmalone

Well, any reports on the first fest this year here, it looks like Sunday wasn't too bad and it dried up a bit.

Friday was a bit cold but a nice easy going start to the weekend.

Saturday was a total washout until about 11:30pm. Then the GLC came on and were absolutely hilarious playing to a packed crowd. Excellent set, all their Greatest Hits. "Your Missus is a Nutter" probably the highlight of the whole weekend.

Weather cleared up on Sunday and saw some great music and met loads of friendly people.

They opened up the House and its Walled Garden stage this year. This was a great addition to an already great festival.

Despite the rain on Saturday and the mud on Sunday, those who stuck it out all had a great weekend as far as I could see. A lot of smiling faces Sunday evening and even Monday morning... Great start to the festival season... roll on B&S.

Advertisement