Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre in Castleconnell (Map says Yes but Phone Check says No)

Options
  • 20-04-2015 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been following eFibre rollout for Castleconnell for a while now and see that the rollout map says eFibre in Castleconnell is available but when I check my phone number it says "Your home is not in an eFibre area".

Is there anything you could check for me on this ?

Regards,
    Brian.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

brianon wrote: »
    Hi,

I've been following eFibre rollout for Castleconnell for a while now and see that the rollout map says eFibre in Castleconnell is available but when I check my phone number it says "Your home is not in an eFibre area".

Is there anything you could check for me on this ?

Regards,
    Brian.
    Hi brianon

This can unfortunately happen as the map is intended to suggest efibre has launched in the area rather than to all lines in that area, located above the map you will notice a message advising:

Please note: this map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. To determine if eFibre is available at your home, please enter your home phone number or address into our interactive too

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]The roll-out of efibe is based on the deployment and launch of efibre cabinets (VDSL cabinets in technical terms) serving a set route of up to 2KM rather than normal broadband which serves all lines connected to the exchange within an approximate 5km radius[/font]. The positioning of such cabinets can be found here by clicking on NGA fibre broadband network: http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement