Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phd Student Accomodation?

• 20-04-2015 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all. I intend to start a PhD programme in NUIG starting in September. I'm looking for areas to live. Can anyone recommend an area where it's possible to find a studio apartment or bedsit not too far away from the city. I'm on a tight budget but don't want to house share. Thanks!

Also when should I start looking? Is there a big supply vs demand issue in Galway like there is in Dublin(where I am currently renting)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

daft.ie

Studios are quite rare in Galway, they exist but there are none currently on daft from what I can see. If you have a car or willing to take the bus then you might find something. At the minute there are 1 bed places but they are mostly 600+, 500+ if you are lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 username hello

Hi.
    I am currently living in a two bedroom apartment quite near the college. I'm only really at home one or two nights a week and the odd afternoon.
    I was thinking of putting a notice in the college asking to share with a mature student.
    Maybe this kind of accomodation might suit you better financially?

Advertisement