Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to transfer money from Ireland to Portugal?

Options
  • 20-04-2015 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have problems with a transfer I'm trying to sort out. I want to transfer the money from my BOI account to Portugal. I have been given an IBAN and NIB numbers. NIB is a code used in Portugal to identify a bank and a specific account.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, 'Microsoft YaHei', Meiryo, 'Malgun Gothic', sans-serif]An NIB (Número de Identificação Bancário) code corresponds to a bank number, followed by an account number and a control key. [/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, 'Microsoft YaHei', Meiryo, 'Malgun Gothic', sans-serif]I cannot put in the NIB code (which consists of 21 numbers) instead of the BIC code to transfer the money as it only allows me to enter 11 digits max, and I'm unsure on what to do and it's really urgent. [/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi Dave95, [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]We would advise contacting the Portuguese Bank or the person whom you are looking to pay and ask them to provide you with the BIC (Bank Identifier Code) for this account as this required only when adding your SEPA payee. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Some Banks will have the BIC code showing on the top of Bank account statements.  [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch with your query, if we can help further please do let us know, [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Tara C [/font]

Advertisement