Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dates for cabinet upgrades for eFibre

Options
  • 20-04-2015 12:32pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can someone please tell me if and when the following cabinets will be upgraded for eFibre?

SNH1_010   
    SNH1_013
    SNH1_014
    SNH1_016
    SNH1_026
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]SNH1_E01[/font]

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

kbannon wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me if and when the following cabinets will be upgraded for eFibre?

SNH1_010   
    SNH1_013
    SNH1_014
    SNH1_016
    SNH1_026
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]SNH1_E01[/font]

Thanks.
    Hi kbannon

Thanks for your post,

Unfortunately there are no dates available to suggest when those cabinets will be eFibre ready. The NGA Fibre broadband network map will also show dates remain unavailable: http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

In discussing this with our Networks team the best indication I could obtain is that they should be done by the end of 2015.

Thanks
    Al

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Hi Al,

whilst I'm disappointed with the timeframe for upgrading the Sandyford Ind Est, I appreciate the response.
    FYI, these are all within a few minutes walk of Microsoft HQ. Says loads! 

Hi Al,

whilst I'm disappointed with the timeframe for upgrading the Sandyford Ind Est, I appreciate the response.
    FYI, these are all within a few minutes walk of Microsoft HQ. Says loads! 

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi kbannon[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I can understand the disappointment created by this & sorry we don’t' have better news at this time.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Feel free to check back with us at the end on 2015 & we may have more of an indication for you then.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Thanks Al.

It's more just the disappointment that in a large business area, we were led to believe that eFibre would be coming in March 2014. 
    A year later we're still no nearer (I also note that UPC, etc. aren't here either).

Too many leased lines that would be cannibalised I guess.

Thanks Al.

It's more just the disappointment that in a large business area, we were led to believe that eFibre would be coming in March 2014. 
    A year later we're still no nearer (I also note that UPC, etc. aren't here either).

Too many leased lines that would be cannibalised I guess.
    I understand your views on this kbannon

The best advice I can further offer is to get back to me in July and I will double check to hopefully offer more information.

Cheers

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement