Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bringing money around Europe interrailing

• 20-04-2015 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys, I'm going interrailing around europe to a variety of countrys this summer, some in the euro zone but some not( Netherlands, Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Slovenia and Croatia) I was just wondering if anyone has advice on how I should bring my money money, on debit cards, prepaid cards or are there any other options? Any advice is appreciated, thank you 😊

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

calumquinn wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm going interrailing around europe to a variety of countrys this summer, some in the euro zone but some not( Netherlands, Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Slovenia and Croatia) I was just wondering if anyone has advice on how I should bring my money money, on debit cards, prepaid cards or are there any other options? Any advice is appreciated, thank you 😊

Debit cards work just fine all over Europe.

Try to avoid withdrawing small amounts due to the charges being applied to each transaction by your bank.

I am going to Croatia tomorrow and ordered some currency through ICE at the airport (poor exchange rate) but only because I land at 23:00 and need some money to get me going.

In Poland you can exchange Euros for Zloty in "kantor" - most of them offer very good rate unlike banks and there are plenty of them in cities.

Advertisement