Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist charge query

Options
  • 20-04-2015 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi all,

I decided to stick with an Irish dentist rather that going abroad for treatment. I have some extensive work to be done.
    I’ve had a few visits so far and want to query the charges.

1st visit-3 fillings done in same area. Full charge of €90/ filling. Total €270. 40 mins in the surgery.
    2nd visit-2 fillings done in same area. Full charge of €90/ filling. Total €180. 40 mins in the surgery.

I understand that each filling must be paid for and I’m glad to get a few done in one visit.

My query-Charging the full price for work done in the same area under (I think) the same anaesthetic. Is this normal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I think more than two fillings in one guy is excessive. Maybe ask on the dental forum. But my dentist only does one at a time and he is unreal at doing them(35 years experience). Local Anaethetic would be cheap enough

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Makood wrote: »
    My query-Charging the full price for work done in the same area under (I think) the same anaesthetic. Is this normal?

Yep, seems normal to me. I had some done recently and it was similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

hfallada wrote: »
    I think more than two fillings in one go is excessive. Maybe ask on the dental forum. But my dentist only does one at a time and he is unreal at doing them(35 years experience). Local Anaethetic would be cheap enough

Not really...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Closing this thread as there is a duplicate thread in the Dental Issues forum

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement