Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabinet upgraded, why can't I get fibre?

Options
  • 20-04-2015 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

The cabinet at the entrance to my estate has been upgraded to fibre some time ago.  Yet I'm still being told that I can't get it, despite the fact that I know of at least two of my neighbours that have it.  Can someone tell me why this is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

blastman wrote: »
    The cabinet at the entrance to my estate has been upgraded to fibre some time ago.  Yet I'm still being told that I can't get it, despite the fact that I know of at least two of my neighbours that have it.  Can someone tell me why this is?
    Sorry to hear this blastman
    Feel free to PM me your spcific address or land line number and I'll look in to this for you

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Hey, guys, sent a PM about this but got no response, can you let me know the story?

Hey, guys, sent a PM about this but got no response, can you let me know the story?
    Apologies for the delays blastman

I have looked in to this and discussed it with our networks planning teams. It has been confirmed that your line is not currently served by the VDSL cabinet located at the entrance to your specific area (I will not post the name here for privacy reasons)

This as is the case for a lot of your specific area I'm afraid. Works to expand coverage from the VDSL cabinet are set to continue in to the future however at present we will be unable to offer you an indication of when to expect efibre from eircom. I'm sorry I can't do more blastman.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Thanks Alan, is it possible to find out which cabinet I am connected to (via PM)?

Thanks Alan, is it possible to find out which cabinet I am connected to (via PM)?
    No worries blastman, the name of the cabinet is BRN2_056 ( you will see its location here: http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ ) however your line (and many many others in your area) is connected to the fibre ports - as I had previosly mentioned Works to expand coverage from the VDSL cabinet are set to continue in to the future but at present we will be unable to offer you an indication of when efibre will be available.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement