If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which receiver

Options
  • 20-04-2015 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Can you recommend a Yamaha (I want this make) AV Receiver to drive Monitor Apex 5:1 please.

My current Yamaha (RX-V677) seems okay but never sure if it really matches speaker potential.  Was thinking perhaps the RX-V777 would be better suited (also I like the additional features of 4k support + Spotify Connect)

thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

legrand wrote: »
    Can you recommend a Yamaha (I want this make) AV Receiver to drive Monitor Apex 5:1 please.

My current Yamaha (RX-V677) seems okay but never sure if it really matches speaker potential.  Was thinking perhaps the RX-V777 would be better suited (also I like the additional features of 4k support + Spotify Connect)

thanks

Legrand,

apologies for the delay getting back to you and those Apex 5.1 speakers are really superb and whilst your 677 is a good receiver they are really better suited to the 'RXA' series from Yamaha rather than the lower 'RXV' series.

I can do you a great deal on the RXV777 at just £449.95 / €669.99 ( The euro pricing includes delivery) http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200456-rxv777.aspx however again I think that the RXA series would really start to put your Apex through their paces - we have the RXA840, RXA1040 and the RXA3040 all available for demo and from stock;

The RXA840 is actually really great value and is possibly the pick of the bunch as its really keenly priced in euro at just €989.99 ( again inc. shipping):
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200827-rxa840.aspx

The 840 has all the quality of the Avantage series and is built like a brick outhouse with all the serious anti vibration technologies that have made the Avantage series so famous.

In terms of connectivity, the 840 scores again with 8 HDMI inputs and two HDMI outs, add in a front mounted HDMI, twin sub-outs, pre-amp outputs and a decent phono turntable amp built-in - the RXA840 really is a great package.

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way or of course if you would like to order just drop me a line with your contact details and I'll get one of the guys to give you a call to arrange delivery,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭legrand

thanks

Legrand,

apologies for the delay getting back to you and those Apex 5.1 speakers are really superb and whilst your 677 is a good receiver they are really better suited to the 'RXA' series from Yamaha rather than the lower 'RXV' series.

I can do you a great deal on the RXV777 at just £449.95 / €669.99 ( The euro pricing includes delivery) http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200456-rxv777.aspx however again I think that the RXA series would really start to put your Apex through their paces - we have the RXA840, RXA1040 and the RXA3040 all available for demo and from stock;

The RXA840 is actually really great value and is possibly the pick of the bunch as its really keenly priced in euro at just €989.99 ( again inc. shipping):

The 840 has all the quality of the Avantage series and is built like a brick outhouse with all the serious anti vibration technologies that have made the Avantage series so famous.

In terms of connectivity, the 840 scores again with 8 HDMI inputs and two HDMI outs, add in a front mounted HDMI, twin sub-outs, pre-amp outputs and a decent phono turntable amp built-in - the RXA840 really is a great package.

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way or of course if you would like to order just drop me a line with your contact details and I'll get one of the guys to give you a call to arrange delivery,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    Thanks John
    Thanks for the advise.  Thought I might need to step up a range.  Current budget does not allow me to get to the RXA series.  Need to start saving.  

thanks again

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

thanks

Legrand,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    Thanks John
    Thanks for the advise.  Thought I might need to step up a range.  Current budget does not allow me to get to the RXA series.  Need to start saving.  

thanks again
    Hi Legrand.

No problem at all.

Let us know if you have any further questions or when your ready to make the mover for a new receiver ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.