Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike Service Recommendations

• 20-04-2015 2:05pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking to get the carbon lady (Jessica!) serviced in the next while and I was wondering where people get theirs done, who they would recommend? I have never owned a carbon bike before so totally scared of doing the work myself, however also quite scared of having someone else work on her!

The BB30 is creaking and cracking a bit, I the headset bearings are going as well. Gears could do with a tune up too. (I spent over 2 hours at that one day. They were no better than when I started. I think!). That's it really. She could do with a good going over in general methinks ;) :pac:.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭kingoffifa

hi!

I can recommend someone if you want.

I got tired of either doing it myself, or giving it to a bike shop and it being a crap shoot as to whether the work was done or not.

Gave his name to three people and all have been as impressed as me with the quality of his work, and his price is always good.

I'm not sure about the rules on here for advertising services, so have refrained from starting a thread singing his praises.

sending you a pm with his number now, - if anyone else wants his details, either pm me or leave a message here.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭t5pwr

That would all depend on your location I suppose :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Sorry should have said Dublin based!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭kingoffifa

i asked him in the PM :)

Little bump. Who do people use for a service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

gadetra wrote: »
    Little bump. Who do people use for a service?

The shop that your club mates work in or one of their mechanics on his days off ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Schrodingercat

Expert Cycles in Rathfarnham. Nice to deal with it and work is always top notch.

nak wrote: »
    The shop that your club mates work in or one of their mechanics on his days off ;)

Never even thought of that Doh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

What about City Centre? D2? A couple of people in work have brought theirs to different places around here with varying degrees of success.

My bike got left out in the weather for a few days and now it's rusted a bit. Will a service cover this? Is it even possible to get rid of the rust? It's on the chain and on the drive-train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

MrStuffins wrote: »
    What about City Centre? D2? A couple of people in work have brought theirs to different places around here with varying degrees of success.

My bike got left out in the weather for a few days and now it's rusted a bit. Will a service cover this? Is it even possible to get rid of the rust? It's on the chain and on the drive-train.

Just remove the chain and give it a good soak in degreaser. Clean off the degreaser and any old oil and crud you should be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I use the Spokesman, mobile bike guy. It was just handiest as he stops outside work most weeks. Sound guy, any time I think something needs doing and leave it with him, he spots it's something simple and charges accordingly (never paid as much as I was expecting to)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Bee Cycles on the South Circular do the whole lot for me. never had a complaint and would recommend him anytime.

Advertisement