Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SKS Airchamp Pro...

• 20-04-2015 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

Anyone using one?
    Bought one ages ago and finally got round to putting it on the bike today.
    Put some new tyres on, so thought Id practice with this co2 pump to inflate them.
    Its a bit finicky to say the least.
    I've presta valves and threaded 16g cartridges.
    However, when you insert the cartridge and screw the top and bottom of the pump together, as soon as the small pin pops the top of the cartridge, it starts to leak. I have the lock button on so its not that causing it.
    Its seems impossible to have the pin break the seal on the cartridge without it leaking.
    Anyone any experience of these? Should I ditch it for the smaller adaptor type ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jober

terrydel wrote: »
    Anyone using one?
    Bought one ages ago and finally got round to putting it on the bike today.
    Put some new tyres on, so thought Id practice with this co2 pump to inflate them.
    Its a bit finicky to say the least.
    I've presta valves and threaded 16g cartridges.
    However, when you insert the cartridge and screw the top and bottom of the pump together, as soon as the small pin pops the top of the cartridge, it starts to leak. I have the lock button on so its not that causing it.
    Its seems impossible to have the pin break the seal on the cartridge without it leaking.
    Anyone any experience of these? Should I ditch it for the smaller adaptor type ones?

there was a faulty batch of these some time back about 6/7 months I think it was
    I had got mine in cycle superstore and it never worked, lads there told me about the faulty batch and swapped it out for me for a cannondale adaptor type

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

jober wrote: »
    there was a faulty batch of these some time back about 6/7 months I think it was
    I had got mine in cycle superstore and it never worked, lads there told me about the faulty batch and swapped it out for me for a cannondale adaptor type

Cheers, that's where I got it and I'd say it could easily be around the same timeframe.
    Now to find the receipt haha

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jober

terrydel wrote: »
    Cheers, that's where I got it and I'd say it could easily be around the same timeframe.
    Now to find the receipt haha

If you have an account set up with them they will have your details
    I had no receipt but they found it handy enough on there system

jober wrote: »
    If you have an account set up with them they will have your details
    I had no receipt but they found it handy enough on there system

Cheers, another excellent point. Will give that a try, thanks a mil :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

As an aside, there's a bit of a catch 22 situation with time frames for goods which turn out to be faulty. The seller can claim that, when a long time has elapsed since the purchase, you have 'accepted' the faulty goods.

However, that's a bit unfair for 'emergency' items which are not in regular use and may not be required for a long time after purchasing. There are occasional stories here about mini-pumps not working when required. I'm sure it the same for fire extinguishers etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

As an aside, there's a bit of a catch 22 situation with time frames for goods which turn out to be faulty. The seller can claim that, when a long time has elapsed since the purchase, you have 'accepted' the faulty goods.

The "fit for purpose" consumer rights would come into effect in this case. Shouldn't be a problem if there was a known faulty batch.

WillyFXP wrote: »
    The "fit for purpose" consumer rights would come into effect in this case. Shouldn't be a problem if there was a known faulty batch.

Ah, its a cheap pump, I couldn't be arsed getting worked up about it.
    I will ask in Cycle Superstore next time I'm in, if theres a problem with it and they change it, happy days, if not that's life!!

Advertisement