Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing & midwifery 2015

Options
  • 20-04-2015 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all i'm sitting my Mature Student Nursing exam on sat in cork and i'm a little confused it says i'm to register at 9.15am and my session is session 16 !! Does anyone have any idea how this works, does that mean i'll be 16th group going in or is it done a different way ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NoelRonan

I think it means the 16th overall session including Dublin, I'm session 10 on Thursday in Dublin so I presume this is what is meant by the session numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Mama4

NoelRonan wrote: »
    I think it means the 16th overall session including Dublin, I'm session 10 on Thursday in Dublin so I presume this is what is meant by the session numbers.

Great thanks a million :) i was worried i would be waiting around all day wit my nerves getting worse !!

Yeah exactly hopefully it's all done fairly quick with not too much waiting before the exam, if the nerves kick in I'll be doomed. My brain goes to mush when I get nervous haha, can't wait for this to be over.

Yeah exactly hopefully it's all done fairly quick with not too much waiting before the exam, if the nerves kick in I'll be doomed. My brain goes to mush when I get nervous haha, can't wait for this to be over.

Me either everytime i think about it i feel sick....and we did this to ourselves ! Best of luck hope it all goes well and remember to breathe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Caroline 77

Sat the aptitude tests on Wednesday in Dublin?
    Did anyone else ? How did u find them ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pos087

Sat the aptitude tests on Wednesday in Dublin?
    Did anyone else ? How did u find them ?

Hi. I sat the test/compitition today in cork. Found it ok got to the end in time anyway. Found some of the maths hard. What did you make of it.

Hi all. I done the mature students nursing test. I found it ok some of the math hi was lost on. Does anyone how they mark them. Is it a percentile like the msap or is it a percentage score. Is there a cut off score.

Pos087 wrote: »
    Hi. I sat the test/compitition today in cork. Found it ok got to the end in time anyway. Found some of the maths hard. What did you make of it.

Maths was ok but didn't get last 2 questions done . At home was no problem but must of been the nerves. Rest of it was ok I think.
    An awful lot of applicants for so little places in Ireland . Fingers crossed.
    Wats meant to be will be I believe

Maths was ok but didn't get last 2 questions done . At home was no problem but must of been the nerves. Rest of it was ok I think.
    An awful lot of applicants for so little places in Ireland . Fingers crossed.
    Wats meant to be will be I believe

Do you know which way the results are calculated is it a percentile or persentage. How will we know if we have done well

Do you know which way the results are calculated is it a percentile or persentage. How will we know if we have

Thro public jobs near end of May , then result will be explained by text or post I think . 80 points per paper so we will be scored out of 340. That's my understanding

• Advertisement

#11 did you get a letter from cao today

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carolinerach

Hi I sat my exam in Dublin found maths hard as I stupidly stayed on a hard question and didn't move on before I knew it it was pens down. I am confidential I did well in other two but unsure if I managed a pass in maths sure if not there is always next year. I have applied for intellectual disability nursing trinity and dcu has anybody else?

I sat in Cork and i found Maths hard enough..didn't get them all finished ! Hoping for either general or ID in Wit buy so little places so many people..fingers crossed and best of luck wit the results everyone 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 40 beatriss

Hi all I sat the exam in Cork and never got all the maths finished. I have applied for WIT & The Adelaide School of Nursing through both Mature & Standard routes. I completed the Fetac in Nursing Studies last year, however, never received any Nursing offers. So I am hoping for better luck this year........... I wish everyone the best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CCPixie

Hi All,

Does anyone know what day the results are out next week or are we to just wait for an email from public jobs with the results?

Hi CCPixie,

I think we have to check our message board on www.publicjobs.ie for the results. I also checked online for the date of last years results and they were issued on the first Wednesday of June. They did say it would be early June and with Monday being a Bank Holiday I would check from Tuesday onwards. Good Luck!

Hi beatriss,

Thanks very much, hopefully we don't have to wait until the end of the week. :) Good luck to you too :)

CCPixie wrote: »
    Hi beatriss,

Thanks very much, hopefully we don't have to wait until the end of the week. :) Good luck to you too :)

Is it supposed to be marked different this years to others. I'm afraid if it is I won't know if I did good or bad. Did ye all get to finish the three papers in time?

Hi Pos087,

I didn't get the maths finished but managed to finish the other two papers. I think the three sections are worth 80 points each giving a total out of 240, that's as much as I know. Going to be a long few days, be glad when the wait is over! Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sineado15

Has anyone applied for the grant?? And also when does the offers be made!!

• Advertisement

ya applied for the grant i did it on line, mature students offers are out the start of july and fetac offers are out end of july and then extra offers are out sept/oct if people don't accept places on the courses. Did anyone apply for psychiatric nursing in UCC?

or psychiatric nursing in any other colleges? did anyone apply for nursing in UCC?

or psychiatric nursing in any other colleges? did anyone apply for nursing in UCC?

I applied for general and children's, general, midwifery, and ID in UCC. My other choices then are general courses around the country.

The wait for these results are killing me, good luck everybody.

The wait for these results are killing me, good luck everybody.

I know I'm the same! Been counting down the weeks since sitting the exam!! Good luck to u too :)

Best of luck everyone xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sineado15

I wonder when will the results be out?

Public jobs usually text when there is a message. I'm not looking until the text or I will drive myself mad checking.

I read on a forum from last year that results came out unannounced the TUESDAY morning after bank holiday so please God it will come out in the morning put us out of our misery

• Advertisement

I read on a forum from last year that results came out unannounced the TUESDAY morning after bank holiday so please God it will come out in the morning put us out of our misery

There goes my peace lol. I still don't know how we will gauge our results. What out of 240 would you consider a good result. Best of luck.

Advertisement