Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing & midwifery 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jenny rennie

Fx for further offers for you x

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hols11

Got 185 and offered general

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Liah27

Mine says no offers available at this time does anyone know if that means i have no chance of getting in? Did everyone get there offers at 4pm or are they stil rolling in?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭beanie.

Liah27 wrote: »
    Mine says no offers available at this time does anyone know if that means i have no chance of getting in? Did everyone get there offers at 4pm or are they stil rolling in?
    Don't know. Mine came as a text at 4:09. There is still round zero, which I think might be second round offers for mature students.
    This is round A, round 0 is next followed by round 1 (after leaving cert results) and then round 2.
    Don't fret yet, (I know it's hard not to).

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭idek1

Fair play to all of the mature students! I'm a fetac applicant myself and just thought I'd pop in and say any mature who didn't get an offer today but also has a fetac award under their belt still has a chance of getting offered a place on the 30th of July In round 0. Best of luck guys xx

• Advertisement

beanie. wrote: »
    Don't know. Mine came as a text at 4:09. There is still round zero, which I think might be second round offers for mature students.
    This is round A, round 0 is next followed by round 1 (after leaving cert results) and then round 2.
    Don't fret yet, (I know it's hard not to).

On cao it says round a offers out tomorro, its all so confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NoelRonan

Congrads guys, I got an offer for DCU, intellectual disability. Anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 anpanman

NoelRonan wrote: »

Same ID in dcu!

idek1 wrote: »
    Fair play to all of the mature students! I'm a fetac applicant myself and just thought I'd pop in and say any mature who didn't get an offer today but also has a fetac award under their belt still has a chance of getting offered a place on the 30th of July In round 0. Best of luck guys xx

If we got no offers today can we stil get offers tomorro as it says round one offers out tomorrow??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ciara_may

If we got no offers today can we stil get offers tomorro as it says round one offers out tomorrow??

No there is no offers tomorrow the next offers will be out with the fetac offers if you did not get an offer in this round you could still get an offer in the next round the cao will have on their website the minumun points the were required for an offer today it should be on their website by Monday you will be able to see how far off the required points you are don't give up hope i have seen plenty of people get offers in the second and third rounds :)

• Advertisement

ciara_may wrote: »
    No there is no offers tomorrow the next offers will be out with the fetac offers if you did not get an offer in this round you could still get an offer in the next round the cao will have on their website the minumun points the were required for an offer today it should be on their website by Monday you will be able to see how far off the required points you are don't give up hope i have seen plenty of people get offers in the second and third rounds :)

Ahh thanks for that!! Ill just have to keep the fingers and toes crossed for another while :/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 cazrach

I got intellectual disability In trinity delighted

My sister in law got same course well done

cazrach wrote: »
    I got intellectual disability In trinity delighted

Did u get offered that today or yesterday? Congrats :)

Did u get offered that today or yesterday? Congrats :)
    I got offered yesterday bang on 16:00 but couldn't log onto boards til today I got 159 in my test

I got offered yesterday bang on 16:00 but couldn't log onto boards til today I got 159 in my test

I got 156 and have heard nothing. Just says no offers available to you at this time :(:(

I got 156 and have heard nothing. Just says no offers available to you at this time :(:(

I'm sure you will in the next round x

What did you apply for

I'm sure you will in the next round x

What did you apply for

I applied for general nursing sligo first choice athlone letterkenny and phych nursing castlebar! All the I.t's really. Next round isnt out until end of july is it? :( also were we not supposed to get an order of merit list for each college?

I applied for general nursing sligo first choice athlone letterkenny and phych nursing castlebar! All the I.t's really. Next round isnt out until end of july is it? :( also were we not supposed to get an order of merit list for each college?

I would love to study general nursing as I'd love to go on and be a public health nurse. But I've been working in intellectual disabilities the last 4 years and equally love it.

I'm not sure I think they do up there own order of merit list but I don't think we get to see it I know CAO do up the points what each college required for this round yeah next round end of month

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bonsaitree

Congrats to all, got general in trinity, over the moon

• Advertisement

bonsaitree wrote: »
    Congrats to all, got general in trinity, over the moon

Well done 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mairinh

Liah, i got offered st angelas yesterday. my score was 202. hope you get an offer in the next round.

mairinh wrote: »
    Liah, i got offered st angelas yesterday. my score was 202. hope you get an offer in the next round.

Wow well done on your score!!! :) Ahh thanks fingers crossed but with st angelas only taking on 4 mature students id say it wil be tight!! :(

On the cao website go to media and statistics at the bottom of the home page. Click points by year then for 2015 and you can all see round A points for all your choices for nursing and midwifery.

Has anyone here ever repeated the leaving cert to try and get points for nursing??

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NoelRonan

I missed psych in Trinity by 5 points, gutted.

I missed psych in Trinity by 5 points, gutted.

Oh god thats awful. Its such a stupid system. I didnt get an offer either. Have you applied to castlebar? They dont send out offers until 29th july. Wats your plan now? Would you try uk through the clearing system?

Oh god thats awful. Its such a stupid system. I didnt get an offer either. Have you applied to castlebar? They dont send out offers until 29th july. Wats your plan now? Would you try uk through the clearing system?

Did you include intellectual disability and psychiatric nursing on your application?

anpanman wrote: »
    Did you include intellectual disability and psychiatric nursing on your application?

I had psychiatric down but no id nursing. Id nursing seems to be the lowest points. You could always apply through vacant places. I remember last year a few colleges had places left in id. But i think if u do id nursing you cant get into general or psychiatric. Wats ur plan now

• Advertisement

Their is a nursing conversion course u can do in Scotland its 16months and u can do general nursing that way after id & psyc. I was speaking to a nurse in my job yesterday about it she said it's fully funded

Advertisement