Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Overheating?

• 20-04-2015 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

Using my iPhone 5, set up as a new device today after 8.3 update to fix battery drain. When I doing normal stuff like going into settings and that downloading apps, etc the device got fairly warm to the touch on the back, is it worth sending it in? I have Apple Care + as well as I only got it as a refurb in Jan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Setting it up and downloading new apps will make it heat up, I remember this from setting up my 6. Since then it's never been quite as hot so you'll notice it cool down when you're back to normal usage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

I had thought that buddy, but just left it lying there for a half hour now with nothing going on and its warm to touch :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Honestly, give it a few days and see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Why wait a few days? If you are now using it normally and it still heats up AND you have apple care, send it in to get sorted. I sold a 4s to a friend of my sisters a couple of years ago. He spilled a beer and the phone got wet. It was warm the next day during use and when he went to charge it, the phone got so hot, it burnt out. Better to be safe and all that jazz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Ok there is def summit weird up here. Battery was 70% went down to 69% then a minute later straight jump down to 63% :eek: 8.3 bug or fault do ye reckon?

• Advertisement
Advertisement