Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bream fishing outside Inniscarra (Cork)?

• 20-04-2015 5:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭

My boys and I have been fishing in Inniscarra over the mid-term and caught a few Roach. 6 over 4 trips. Not great but at least the boys caught their first fish.

Not a bream in sight though.....

Anyhow a permit is fairly expensive for Inniscarra and since elsewhere in Ireland you don't need a license or permit I am wondering of anyone could point me to other lakes, within a half hour drive or so of Cork Centre, where Bream and Roach abound?

I'm not looking for a specific spot eg 'walk up west bank for 100m, round the shed' etc but the name of a well stocked lake would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭realrebel

My boys and I have been fishing in Inniscarra over the mid-term and caught a few Roach. 6 over 4 trips. Not great but at least the boys caught their first fish.

Not a bream in sight though.....

Anyhow a permit is fairly expensive for Inniscarra and since elsewhere in Ireland you don't need a license or permit I am wondering of anyone could point me to other lakes, within a half hour drive or so of Cork Centre, where Bream and Roach abound?

I'm not looking for a specific spot eg 'walk up west bank for 100m, round the shed' etc but the name of a well stocked lake would be appreciated.

Thanks

There's a lake out waterfall way out in ballyshoneen I think it's called, it used to be full of fish but I haven't fished it for years, some people says it's been fished out but it used to have bream, Rudd, carp etc

Give it a try you never know what's in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

realrebel wrote: »
    There's a lake out waterfall way out in ballyshoneen I think it's called, it used to be full of fish but I haven't fished it for years, some people says it's been fished out but it used to have bream, Rudd, carp etc

Give it a try you never know what's in there

There problem here isn't that it's been fished out, but the local access from the main road has been blocked off.

You now need to gain access from the other side of the lake, but it's across private land, and the Farmers there are not too happy to have people going over their land. You need to get permission first, which some are happy to give, but others are not.
    On top of all that, it's now severely overgrown as well, so not as easy to fish anymore.

For the OP, as far as I know, you can fish further up Inniscarra without needing a licence.

There's a place up towards Macroom called Coolcower, and there's good fishing to be had there.

If you want to head the other way, there is a fantastic spot down in Fermoy.

It's called Knockanannig. It hold Roach, Rudd, Bream, Skimmers, and some gorgeous Tench too.

Free to fish, and well worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

MrFrisp wrote: »

If you want to head the other way, there is a fantastic spot down in Fermoy.

It's called Knockanannig. It hold Roach, Rudd, Bream, Skimmers, and some gorgeous Tench too.

Free to fish, and well worth it.

Shhhhhhhhh lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Andip wrote: »
    Shhhhhhhhh lol

Oooppppssssssssss.... :o

lol

Advertisement