Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO - North West Kildare/ West Offaly / South West Meath

Options
  • 20-04-2015 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Anybody see a strange orange light, not a plane planet lantern or fireworks or anything familiar, in the sky over the last few nights? It seems to move up and down kinda pulsating red/orange staying for an hour or more doing that then disappears. It is in completely different parts of the sky each night so that's why I am ruling out celestial bodies . Anybody else see it? Really strange ! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

A few people have mentioned this to be over the past few week where something similar was spotted in the northern sky from Newbridge. Are you sure its not Venus ?? Not disputing anything just asking because Venus is in our skies and it is quite bright.

http://earthsky.org/tonight/venus-zodiacal-light-adorn-western-evening-sky

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Adrianno28

Hi,

No your grand ! Its definitely not Venus.. 100% sure. For example, I checked tonight around the sky to see if there was anything there and Venus is shining brightly but no red/orange ball/light. My mother saw it over the last few weeks too sporadically. Its really strange but I suppose I will never know what it is. If you saw it in the sky you couldn't miss it.. I'm surprised more people haven't spoken about it or seen it.. its that hard to miss ! So keep your eye out! Thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

space station passed over for 5 nights or so last week... Looked like a bright star crossing the sky but only lasted for a few mins...

Its the only unusual thing i can think of that was in the sky last week but it doesn't sound like what you saw..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭long_b

Any chance it's a drone?

Advertisement