Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting contract

Options
  • 20-04-2015 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hello,

I have a year contract with a rent agency.

Before even renting there the agency said that there were no problems if I wanted to leave, as long as I could get a new suitable tenant I'd get the deposit back and they would get the deposit from the new tenant.

Recently the whole building was sold. I asked the agency if it would have any impact on my contract of if I had to sign a new one and they said the new owner was happy to continue with the same contract. But then I asked because I might have to leave prior to the contracts end if they would still be able to change tenants name in the contract and they replied "The Letting agreement must run until the end of the agreed period and no name changes will be permitted or added"

Are they able to do this? Is there any workaround for this in order to not lose my deposit when time comes?

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

You have a right, IIRC, to assign the lease under the RTA2004. Speak to Threshold et al for advice. If the worst comes to the worst lodge a complaint with the PRTB.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pablojml

Thanks MarkAnthony.

I'll go and speak to them in person. See what they have to say, as I contacted them over e-mail. Let's see if I can come into an agreement with them before mentioning anything of the above but I want to know what can I do in case they are not willing to proceed.

Advertisement