Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Query

Options
  • 20-04-2015 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi all, we are currently thinking of selling our current house, we are going to get it valued in the next few wks and see where we are. We have built a two storey country house out of our savings and a small personal loan. We are at the stage that now we're ready to start the inside of the house, electrics, plumbing etc etc. However we're finding it hard to just gather money together to do these things bit by bit now as everything at this stage is just so expensive.
    We're thinking of selling if we could sell it for no more than 50k loss on it! So we would have that much of negative equity straight off (hopefully less than 50k), I'm wondering are banks still lending or giving mortgages to people to move to a bigger house etc etc.
    We would love to get a mortgage prob for 70-80k, so on top of the negative equity that would be 120/130k which is still less than my current morgage, so I would be able to show we def could pay it, as I have been paying my current mortgage for 9/10 years now with no hassle.
    Anybody any experience of this or know if it is even still possible these days to do that?
    Thanks in advance

Advertisement