Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've figured out how to calculate the MSAP results. Share your results here.

Options
  • 20-04-2015 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Got a percentile of 57. That seems poor according to the posts I saw here.

As far as I know, it's your overall scaled score not the overall percentile that is counted.
    My scores were section 1 94

I got an overall score of 103. This seems to be good. The overall score is a reflection on your percentile. I saw one thread here in 2009, the guy got 93 overall score compared to my 103.
    What's amazing about this is that his percentile was 21 per cent lower than my 57 per cent. I doubt that universities could rely on a number that changes so much.

Also the CAO website does not have any percentile marks in the results section in mine or any application. Doesn't the CAO relay the MSAP results meaning, that colleges might not even know your percentile mark.

It seems like the percentile number gets shared a lot more than the scaled score. Must be bragging rights or something. :D My 57 percentile means I'm better than some of you b****s. Joking.

Seriously though, I'd be confident if you got anything above an overall score of 80 for a lot of courses. If not, contact the people in the mature student offices or google the cut off point for a specific course. Ie cut off point for arts UCC will link back to a boards post.

Advertisement