Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reviews Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Yes you might be right about the reflux! My wee girl didn't go into the Jumperoo until about 5 months I think. She wasn't ready for it till then :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Yes you might be right about the reflux! My wee girl didn't go into the Jumperoo until about 5 months I think. She wasn't ready for it till then :).

Good to know :) we're in granny's at the mo with it coz I collected it on the way and now she wants one so it might work well to graduate him later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Bibs!
    I have a ton of bibs of all shapes and sizes. I have an epic drooler it turns out. The best value and most leak proof/tuck around the neck I've found are the ikea triple pack. I got one pack to test them and I'm going back for a ton more. My lad goes through about 10 bibs a day but these are the best I've tried

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Bibs! I have a ton of bibs of all shapes and sizes. I have an epic drooler it turns out. The best value and most leak proof/tuck around the neck I've found are the ikea triple pack. I got one pack to test them and I'm going back for a ton more. My lad goes through about 10 bibs a day but these are the best I've tried

I havent tried ikea (too far away) but love funky giraffe.
    Like that never leak. I also have an epic dribbler . Go through about 8 a day at 13 mnths

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

Whispered wrote: »

Socks - can't keep a pair on him. Would appreciate and recommendations there.

Highchair - would like recommendations on something easily cleaned, reasonably priced and very sturdy please.

I'd my son in tights all winter, h&m do a double pack with a navy pair and a grey pair, no one knew!! Their socks are ok, especially the thicker cotton ones as he can't work them down as easy.

Agree it's others on the ikea antilop, have it, it's great, especially with the blow up insert to make it snugger.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mocha please!

Highchairs - I'm another massive fan of the IKEA Antilop! We have one here, and have one in my parents house - we only visit occasionally, so it's so handy that it can be taken apart in seconds and stored away. There is an inflatable newborn insert that can be used for the first few months (we used it for maybe 6-12 months), it's worth buying. The only flaw we've found is that, with the way the legs are so spread out, it can be a trip hazard. But, on the other hand, it means that if our toddler decides to go pushing it around the room (as he tends to do a lot!) it never topples over, whereas I'm sure other highchairs would.

Travel system - we got the Uppababy Vista, with the MaxiCosi car seat and Isofix base. The seat and base are brilliant, and at 16 months we still use the car seat in the house (he's outgrown it for safe use in the car, but it's fine as a seat for him to have his bottles in etc!) The buggy is great, love the massive basket. However, honestly, it's overpriced. We got it as a gift from my parents, I would never have spent that much money on something like that. There are plenty of cheaper alternatives that would do just fine.

His current car seat is a BeSafe iZi Comfort X3. Again a gift from the parents, and I have to say I don't like it. When they offered to buy it for his first birthday present, and asked what car seat I wanted, I told them I didn't mind as long as it was rear-facing. This one isn't. (And I hate to sound ungrateful! She did ask in the shop for rear-facing seats, but they didn't stock them, and was told that they're not really used in Ireland anyways.) The reclining function is handy, but the straps don't really tighten as much or as easily as I'd like. It's quite easy to install/uninstall. He's perfectly happy and comfortable in it. I just think there are safer alternatives out there.

Breast pump - We got the Medela Swing, the motor burnt out within around 3-4 weeks of use. It worked grand apart from that, maybe we were just unlucky! Wouldn't bother with one again.

Formula - the big three are SMA, Aptimel, and Cow & Gate. Aptimel is apparently the best for combined breast/bottle feeding, SMA is the one we went with and is supposedly better for reflux babies (like ours!) Aptimel is so much more expensive than the others so I'd be hesitant to start a baby on it, unless it was the only one that suited them.

Bottles - Tommee Tippee. Less parts than Avent, Dr Brown, etc, which makes for easier washing. And easy for baby to hold, when they get old enough. Would definitely recommend! I would also recommend their soothers (although they're SO expensive. :( )

Steriliser - we got a generic Mothercare one, which is fantastic because it's basically a huge box (well, two boxes on top of each other) which will suit every type and shape of bottle, and of course toys, soothers, etc too. I would strongly advise against getting a branded steriliser to suit your bottles, in case you end up changing bottle brand due to reflux or other issues.

Bouncer - we got the FisherPrice Rainforest bouncer. Absolutely invaluable in the early months! However he outgrew it by around 10/11 months, and he's not a big/heavy baby. We never got around to putting batteries in it so never got use of the vibrate/music functions.

Moses basket - spent €70 on one in Mothercare, absolutely unnecessary waste of money. If I had another baby, they'd go straight into a cot. If you do decide to use one, use pillow cases rather than spending money on special moses basket sheets that'll only be used for a few weeks.

Cot - we got the most basic one in IKEA, and I very highly recommend it. SO sturdy. Easy to assemble and it's showing no signs of wear or tear, I'd say it would last for several kids! (Not that we're planning on having many more!)

Changing table - we got a lovely one from my cousin, I'm not sure of the brand (maybe Mamas and Papas), I think it's a worthwhile investment to get a good one with drawers.

Toys - the less the better! Far too much colourful plastic in our house these days!

Wipes - I'm very fussy about these, as I use baby wipes for make-up removal, as well as for the baby's bum, and I have very sensitive skin. I've always used Simple baby wipes, but have recently discovered that Aldi Mamia wipes are just as good. Well worth trying. :)

Nappies - we use Pampers or Aldi

A travel cot was a must for us, it's set up permanently in the sitting room, he's too big for it now though really! But it's still a handy place to throw in all his toys etc. We bought one secondhand (Mothercare), it's a pain in the ass because one side of it is broken, which we didn't realise at the time. So he gets upset when he leans on it and it collapses! We also bought one in Argos for my parents house, would not recommend this one as it's very difficult to set up or collapse. So basically I'd recommend getting a travel cot, but can't recommend a brand!

Grobags - IKEA again!! And also IKEA for cot pillows and quilts, and covers. And bibs also!!

Advertisement